Prom night and other surprises

The school was in full frenzy mode with prom coming up. Everyone asked someone, making it unique; even Kai made it special. I woke up one morning to find my room filled with balloons, roses, and a big banner with PROM written on it.

I opened my door to see Kai leaning against the door frame. "We got to talk about your breaking and entering habits."

"Yeah, some habits die hard," Kai remarked.

I wrapped my arms around Kai's neck and crashed my lips into his lips.

"So, I take it that's a yes?" Kai asked.

"Always," I answered.

The day of the prom came, and I dressed as did Ashton. My younger siblings weren't old enough to attend, so they stayed home with my parents. Ashton left to pick up Margo. As for dealing with Max, Margo told Max that she would cut off his balls if he got in between her and Ashton.

I came downstairs to see Kai standing there in a black suit, holding a corsage. Damn, he looked fantastic.

I walked over to Kai, and he looked at me, "You look incredible."

"You look incredible yourself," I smiled. Kai pulled out the corsage and pinned it to my dress. Then he held out his arm, and I took it as he led me to the car.

We pulled up to the school and got out of the car. We walked into the school, and Kai led me out onto the floor. We started dancing, and before I knew it, the others joined us, and we all followed suit, moving in sync with us.

People watched as we danced and switched partners until we had danced with each other. We found our way back to our partners, then they all circle us as Kai, and I danced together. He spun me. Our movements were quick and flawless as we danced. Then he did something unexpected. He picked me up and flipped me over his back, then pulled me between his legs, flipping me over. Then Kai took my hand and danced with me again. Then he finished with a dip.

It was amazing as people clapped and cheered. Eventually, they slowed things down, and we all danced. Being here with Kai and all my friends was the best time I could ever imagine.

"What's with the look?" Kai asked.

"Oh, that my boyfriend is amazing," I commented.

"I'm not that amazing." I gave Kai a look. "Okay, I am, but that's beside the point. It helps when you have an amazing girlfriend."

I kissed Kai. We danced most of the night and talked to everyone before Kai led me away. He had another surprise for me.

We pulled up to a hotel and went in. After Kai checked in, he led me to a room. He opened it, and inside it had roses and balloons with rose petals covering the floor. I walked in and looked at it.

Kai walked in and wrapped his arms around me. "It's beautiful."

"I'm glad you thought so because I have another surprise for you," Kai said.

Kai spun me around to face him. "Someone didn't mention today was their eighteenth birthday."

I looked at Kai, and then it hit me.

"Did you forget your birthday?" Kai questioned me.

I placed my hands on my face. "Is it a bad thing that I did?"

"No, but it is funny," Kai chuckled.

I smacked Kai, "That is so not funny."

As Kai laughed, we heard a knock at the door. It confused me as Kai opened the door and our friends were standing there with a birthday cake. Jacob wheeled the cake in, and they followed him.