So, this is Christmas

Grounding sucks, especially with Christmas near. My parents didn't allow me even to attend the Christmas dance at school. Luckily, I got to see Kai at school, which was a plus, and they allowed me to call Jacob to let him know they ground me. When Jacob ask why, I told Jacob the reason, and he laughed. Glad, I could make him laugh.

It was now Christmas break, and I got stuck at home. That sucked. I sat next to my window, watching the snowfall since there wasn't much else to do.

Dad walked in and took a seat next to me, "Hey, baby girl."

I looked at Dad and went back to looking out the window.

"Faith, listen. We get it. The reason we grounded you was that you had us worried sick when you didn't come home, and you didn't call," Dad reasoned.

I sighed. "I know, and I'm sorry, but honestly, it was a rough day that day for Kai."

"What do you mean?" Dad asked.

"Kai saw his mom and his uncle was there. Kai didn't go into details when he stormed out of there, but something felt off," I explained.

"How did it feel off?" Dad asked me.

I turned and looked at Dad, "When Kai came out, so did his uncle. When I looked at Kai's uncle, he gave me a nasty look."

"Why would the guy do that?" Dad questioned.

"Honestly, I don't know. It's not like I met the guy before, but it felt like I did," I explained.

"What do you mean, Faith?" Dad asked.

"Dad, I ended up looking down and saw that the guy was wearing these boots," I mentioned.

"Boots?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, when Jacob came over when I didn't have my sight, I remember hearing boots. The same boots I saw when I got a hit that one day. Before I blacked out, I saw a pair of men's boots next to me, but I couldn't make out the face," I informed my dad.

Dad looked at me, "Come on. Get your coat on."

"Where are we going?" I asked with a look as I grabbed my coat.

"To go see Kai," Dad said, leaving.

"Does this mean I'm not grounded?" I yelled.

"Yep," Dad answered.

I quickly ran out of my room, and with that, we both went to Papa's house.

When we arrived, Dad yelled, "Ace!"

Papa and Nana came out of the kitchen with Kai running down the stairs. The minute he saw me, he rushed me, knocking me over.

"Hi there," Kai said.

"Hi yourself," I smiled.

"Oh, for Christ sakes, will you two get off the floor," Papa demanded.

Kai got up and helped me up, then gave me a deep kiss. Papa rolled his eyes.

"Zack, what's going on?" Papa asked.

"I think I might know who had hit Faith," Dad said, causing us all to look at him. He walked over to Kai, "Where's your uncle?"

"Got me. I try to stay away from my uncle as much as possible," Kai answered.

Dad pulled out his phone and called Granddad, "I need a favor."

We sat at the kitchen table, drinking hot cocoa while we waited for Granddad.

"Are you sure about this?" Papa asked Dad.