New year, new problems

After Christmas, we got a surprise in the form of Jacob released. He still had to continue seeing a psychiatrist, and they issued him meds. They diagnosed Jacob with bi-polar and hypersexual tendencies. It would be a significant change for him and us, too.

Kai's dad went back a few days after Christmas, leaving Kai a little lost, plus he still hadn't adequately dealt with what his mom did. Papa called in a favor to someone.

We sat in the living room, and Kai was pacing back and forth when we heard a knock at the door. Dad answered it to find a guy a few years younger than Dad with jet black hair and ice-blue eyes standing there. Oh, my God, did they call the guy who played Damon Salvatore?

The guy walked in and shook Dad's hand. Then Dad looked at us. "This is Dr. Shaw. He's a friend of the family." Okay, maybe he wasn't the guy, but damn did he look like it. I couldn't help but drool.

"Um, Faith, honey, you got a bit of drool right there," Dad said, pointing to the corner of my mouth.

Oh, how embarrassing? Dr. Shaw chuckled.

"It's not the first time that I had girls drooling over me," Dr. Shaw said in a soft voice. "I'm sure Lydia will be pleased."

"Sorry," I said, my cheeks turning a faint pink as Kai gave me a look. I looked at him and shrugged.

"JJ! What a pleasant surprise. How's your dad?" Papa asked, shaking Dr. Shaw's hand.

"Dad's good. He said to tell you that he's sorry he couldn't make it, but the clinic keeps him busy," JJ said, shaking Papa's hand.

"That's good. That is Kai," Papa said, introducing them.

JJ pulled a file out of his bag and looked through it, "It seems we have a lot to discuss. Is there a room we can talk privately?"

"Faith, show JJ and Kai my office, please," Papa said. I nodded, and they followed me to Papa's office. Once they went inside, I closed the door and went back into the living room.

They were in Papa's office for over two hours now. I've always been curious to know what people talk about in there. Eventually, they came out, and JJ was talking to Kai and Papa. I watched as JJ left. Damn, he was hot. Most psychiatrists are dull looking, middle-age men with sweaters. He dressed sharply in slacks and a button-down shirt. It lay his hair entirely upon his head, and he was stunning.

As I sat there fantasizing about Dr. Shaw and drooling, I didn't realize people were calling my name, snapping me out of my lustful daydream.

"Faith," Kai said.

"Hmm," I responded, looking at everyone completely dazed as they all looked at me like I lost my damn mind.

"Are you done drooling over my doctor?" Kai asked.

"I was not drooling. I was admiring the way the good doctor took care of his appearance," I said casually.

Kai gave me a look.

"Okay, I was drooling, but have you seen the man? How is it possible to look like that?" I exclaimed.

"It's easy. JJ looks like his father, plus he has an identical twin," Papa said.

Oh, good lord. I think my nether regions exploded in full-blown lust.

"So, when is your next appointment?" I asked.

"In a week and no, you won't be here," Kai said.

"Oh, come on!" I exclaimed.

"No, the last thing I need is for my girlfriend having lustful thoughts about my doctor," Kai said as we went upstairs arguing about why I must be present when he sees his friendly, hot doctor. Okay, I need to stop.