First date and all that jazz

I didn't tell anyone about my time with Kai, except my parents. Something told me that I should keep this as quiet. Kai said to dress warm and casual, so that's what I did. I wore a pair of jeans, a sweater, and boots. There was a knock at the front door, and Dad answered it, "Kai."

"Hey, Mr. Bradley. Is Faith ready?" Kai asked Dad

"Faith will be down in a minute," Dad said, checking Kai out. Kai stood there casually, leaning on one leg, waiting for me. Kai wasn't nervous at all for some odd reason, even though Dad was shooting him a glare.

I came down the stairs and walked over to Dad. "Dad. Can you stop glaring at my date?" I asked.

"Baby girl, it's my right as your father to glare at any guy I want to glare at," Dad told me.

"Really?" I said, giving Dad a look.

"Yes, really," Dad responded.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Kai's hand, dragging him out of the house as Dad yelled, "Be safe! I love you!"

"Love you, too, Dad," I yelled back.

After a few minutes, Kai stopped me, and I looked at him, confused. Then he took my hand and interlocked our fingers before saying, "Much better." That made me blush.

We started walking, and I said, "What no car?"

"Nah, it's too nice to drive, plus it gives us more time to spend together," Kai said.

"We always spend time together," I reminded Kai.

"Yeah, but this is different," Kai reasoned.

"How so?" I asked.

Kai stopped and pulled me to him, leaning close to me, "It's more romantic." There it goes again, the flipping butterflies. I felt my cheeks heat, and Kai smirked as we continued onto our destination. It took us a little time to get to the cafe, and we talked on our way there. I had to admit it was more romantic this way.

We walked inside and took a seat. We order some food and beverages, then talked. Next, we heard someone exclaim, "Oh, my god! Are you two on a date?"

We looked to see Belle and Kira walking over to us, fantastic.

"Well, when a guy and girl go out for a bite and drinks alone, then yes, you consider it a date? Any more questions?" Kai asked Belle. His tone was sarcastic, and I couldn't help but giggle at it.

"Well, no reason to get grumpy, we asked," Belle said.

"Correction, you asked and more like screamed across the cafe like a banshee, but you get the point," Kira smirked.

"Why didn't you tell us? We could have helped you get ready," Belle asked me in a demanding tone.

Yeah, what do I say to that? Oh, hey, I got a date but didn't want to tell you because you two have a habit of fucking a guy I may or may not like. That would go over so well.

"I asked Faith not to tell anyone. I wanted to keep it low key if you know what I mean?" Kai winked at Belle. Thank you, Kai, for rescuing me.

"Oh." Then Belle realized what Kai was saying and said, "Ohhhh. Gotcha."

"Now, if you excuse us, we have a date to get back to," Kai said with a smile.

"Yeah, sure," Belle giggled, and with that, they both left.

I leaned over. "Thank you for that. I didn't know what to say."

"You mean, that Belle was giving me the twat vibe, and Kira was looking at me like a piece of meat?" Kai questioned with a knowing look.

I looked at Kai, shocked. "How?"

"Did I know? Trust me, I dealt with my fair share of these girls, and it seems there is no shortage at school. How everyone is so casual about sex is beyond me," Kai said, sipping his drink.

"Tell me about it. The free clinic is always busy," I said a matter of fact.

"So, you never?" Kai's question was familiar.

"No! Um, excuse me, no, I haven't," I responded.

"But, you did other things, right?" Kai asked.

"Only because it happened. I would prefer to do things like that with someone important to me," I sighed.

"And Jacob isn't important?" Kai questioned.

"Honestly, first, I thought maybe, but it turned out to be a stupid crush, and after we did a few things, every time I came over, it was like Jacob wanted to do more and more. It got boring, and I realize that whatever I may have felt for Jacob was a stupid crush. After I caught Jacob and Kira screwing on his dresser, that erase any feelings I might have for him," I said with a shrug, taking a sip from my beverage.

"I can see what you mean," Kai agreed.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Honestly, sex is private and personal to me. I only did anything with someone I truly cared about in my life," Kai told me.

"And how many was that?" I asked.

"A few girls who were my girlfriends at the time," Kai answered.

"What about the big one?" I know I sounded like a kid, but I hated talking about sex. The mere mention of the word made me blush.

"You mean sex?" Kai asked in a casual tone.

Damn, Kai was so casual about sex.

"Yes, I have." I looked at Kai, and he said, "As I said, it's personal and private. I only have sex with girls; I am in a committed relationship. It means more. I'm not into one-night stands."

Kai looked at me, and from his look, I knew he meant it. We finished our food then left. We walked until we came upon a lighthouse that butted up to a shoreline. He took my hand and led me up on the rocks, making our way to the tower.

When we reached it, Kai opened the door and turned on a light, leading me up the winding staircase until we reached the top. I looked over to see nothing but water. It was breathtaking. He walked over and stood next to me.

"What do you think?" Kai asked.

"It's amazing. How did you find this place?" I asked, looking at Kai.

"You learn to explore new surroundings when you come to a new place. It helps with the transition. Plus, I love the water. It's calming," Kai said, leaning on the railing.

Listening to Kai's talk was so refreshing. The way Kai saw the world fascinated me. He never saw the negative in things but the positive. I listen to Kai talk, and he spoke with such enthusiasm. I had to admit this was the best first date ever.

The best part is that there was nothing sexual about it. It was Kai and me enjoying ourselves and laughing. It's like the first night when I met him. With him, there wasn't drama, which was a breath of fresh air. I could see myself falling for this guy.

After a few hours, we left, and Kai walked me back to my house. He held my hand on the way back, and we strolled back leisurely. When we reached my front door, Kai looked at me, "We need to do this again."

"When?" I said excitedly. Kai gave me a look, and I took a deep breath calming myself, "When?"

"I'll call you," Kai said.

"Cool," I said, acting like it was no big deal.

Kai leaned over and kissed me on the cheek then left. Um, what? Wait, a minute. Where was my kiss like the one last night? God, that confused me.