Things are getting thick

My alarm went off with a blaring sound, and I dreaded waking up. Ashton and Belle kept me up most of the night with their bedroom antics. My parent's room was far enough away that they couldn't hear them. Ugh, it will be a long day.

I got dressed and came downstairs. The great thing about my siblings is they all caught rides with their friends to school. Getting stuck in the car with the four of them was not my idea of fun. I love my siblings, but I also needed my space. Thank god, I graduate this year and get the hell out of here.

I grabbed a piece of toast after giving both my parents a kiss on the way out the door. Dad looked at Mom. "What's gotten into Faith lately?"

"Honestly, I don't know," Mom said to Dad.

"She's always in such a rush, not to mention not making time to spend with the family," Dad said.

"Then maybe it's time for some father-daughter bonding time," Mom offered.

"I think that you're right," Dad agreed.

I walked up to school and looked at it. Senior year, fantastic, note the sarcasm. I freaking hate school. It's nothing but a game for people to play. I sighed and went inside it. I was in a foul mood, and it didn't have much to do with the previous night. Stuff was weighing heavily on my mind.

Mostly, I kept out of trouble, unlike my friends. I couldn't bother dealing with the punishment. I had no interest in rebelling. Some would say I was a good girl, but honestly, I wanted peace.

Belle, Kira, and Jacob were already at their lockers.

"Look, who joined us," Jacob smirked.

"Yeah, don't remind me," I said, opening my locker and putting my stuff away.

"Someone's a bit of a crab this morning," Belle said.

"Aww, leave her alone," Kira said, throwing an arm around my neck. "We are all entitled to Aunt Flo days."

I rolled my eyes and giggled. Leave it to Kira to throw something sick out there to make me laugh.

"I will never understand girls," Jacob said.

"Don't even try. It'll make you lose your mind," I said to Jacob, and we all laughed while he rolled his eyes.

We went to class, and I took a seat towards the back. After talking to a few classmates, I zoned out. It wasn't because they bullied me, that was far from it. People were friendly with me as I was with them. It's that school to me had no purpose except they required us to attend.

At lunch, I hung out in the courtyard by myself. It's not that I want to be antisocial with anyone; I wanted some alone time to write. Writing relieved stress for me, and I quite enjoyed it. I threw in my earbuds and bopped away to the music, as I wrote in my notebook.

As I sat there lost in my little world, I didn't notice someone sits down next to me. The person stared at me as I wrote and moved my head to the music before they finally pulled out one of my earbuds.

"What are you listening to?" A guy asked me.

"Oh, um, some rock," I said casually.

"Do you always sit alone? Or are you one of this woe is me, I want to be alone type?" The guy asked with a cheesy grin.

"No, to both questions. I didn't want to be around people today," I said.

"Yeah, I get that," the guy said.

"I've never seen you around here. Are you new?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm an Army brat," the guy said.