New beginnings all around us

It seemed Jacob and Jonas were happier than they were. I was delighted for both of them. Kira and Max were having fun. Max made Kira laugh and didn't take her crap. He even got her to give up the smoke. She was still a rebel, but I think that's what he liked about her.

Belle was closer to Lexie than ever, and it helped that they went to different schools. It makes the heart grow fonder. Kai and I were also happy. We had our moments, but nothing a little making up couldn't fix. God, I love my tattoo boy.

As for Ashton, he and Margo started hanging out more. I didn't find this out until I came home and found his door opened a crack.

"So, what movie should we watch? Action or comedy?" Ashton asked Margo.

"How about both? We can watch the action first, then a comedy," Margo said.

Ashton popped in the movie and took a seat on the floor near Margo. "Margo, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Margo answered.

"Does it bother you that you're hanging out with someone younger?" Ashton asked.

Margo raised her eyebrows. "Does it bother you that you're hanging out with someone older?"

"Um, well, no," Ashton said.

"Then I'm cool with it. Look, Ashton, you're a pretty cool dude. I have fun when we're together," Margo said.

"You do?" Ashton asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I'd like to think we became great friends over the past few weeks ever since we stayed at the cabin," Margo mentioned.

"Friends. Right," Ashton said.

"Something wrong?" Margo asked.

"No. Nothing's wrong," Ashton said.

"Okay," Margo said.

As I listened to both, one thing came to mind. Ashton likes Margo. That gave me an idea.

"Hey, Margo," I said, strolling up to Margo, acting casual. It didn't work. Margo looked at me strangely.

"Faith," Margo said with a look.

"So, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the movies with me tonight?" I asked.

"I guess I can go. Who's all going?" Margo asked.

"Well, you, me, Kai, and Ashton," I said with a smile.

Margo stopped and turned to me, "Like a double date?"

"Well, I wouldn't so much call it a double date, more like four friends hanging out," I reasoned.

"Look, Faith, no offense, I know what you're trying to do, but I'm not interested in Ashton that way," Margo said, drat.

"Are you sure? Because I saw how you guys were at the cabin and the way you hang out and," I said.

"And we're friends. Ashton is like a brother to me. He's funny and smart. We have fun. Why ruin a good thing? Thanks, but no thanks," Margo said, closing her locker and going to class.

I turned around and walked over to the edge of the lockers. "Sorry, Ash. I tried."

"No, it's not your fault. I was stupid to believe that maybe someone would like me. I mean, I tried with Belle and looked how that turned out. It's the same with the other girls. The difference with Margo is that it's not anything sexual. I like Margo. Too bad she sees me as a little brother," Ashton said, sounding defeated.

I wrapped my arm around Ashton's neck. "Oh, little brother, you have much to learn about women. But I think you're finally off to a good start." We started to head to class. "So, are you still going to hang with Margo?"