❧ seventeen

yuuuup! 

"son haewon!" i turned around, juyeon was running towards me. "have you seen heejin? i haven't." my heart stopped, heejin usually meets up with us or atleast juyeon since they arrive at around the same time. 

"n-no." i manage a smile, why am i nervous? she's probably fine. nothing is wrong. "let's go." juyeon said grabbing my arm, i nodded quickly and we walked into the classroom. the class was at it's normal state, many clicks talking amongst each other. 

"did you hear? kwon heejin and her dad were in the school office! i think something happened." i overheard the simple gossip. 

juyeon stopped and turned to the two culprits, "are they still here?" she asked. the two girls nodded and juyeon tossed her bag onto her desk. 

she took a swift turn to exit the classroom. "choi juyeon!" i called after her and tossed my bag near my desk and ran out after her. 

i called out several times for her to stop but she wouldn't. we passed the exit of the school and i saw heejin about to walk out. oh god no.

"heejin!" i shouted and she stopped, juyeon and i ran to her

"what's going on?" juyeon asked. 

"i'm moving,i'm transfering. my dad said i'm not safe here? i don't know." she said, her cheeks were rosy and she was sniffling. "not safe? you are. you are!" juyeon argued. i stayed quiet and swallowed even though my mouth was dry.

it was silent for about five minutes, none of us knew what to say. it was so sudden.

"are you..are you coming back?" juyeon asked, heejin shook her head. now we haven't been friends for so long but it hurts me, to see her go. it was also my fault, i'm sure the boys could have still finished the mission without my help. 

"don't leave." juyeon whined beginning to cry. 

"it's not my choice, it's my dad." speaking of dad, i hope he didn't see jihoon or woojin. why am i so considerate oh my god?

"p-please." i stuttered out. heejin looked at me with teary eyes. 

"oh? so the son haewon will miss me?" she hasn't been around for long but we've hung out almost everyday since then. 

"heejin!" i heard her dad's familiar voice. 

he stared at me for a while before turning around. he doesn't know, yet why do i feel scared? 

heejin pulls juyeon and i into a hug and i hug back, am i actually getting softer? "i'll miss you, and thank you." heejin smiles. 

"no." juyeon was crying and i will admit i was tearing up. 

she then let go and turned around, "good bye!" she said and i heard her sniffle. i watched as she began to walk away. 

"god what is this? not safe?" juyeon cursed wiping her tears. this was my fault, that kept repeating in my head. when we returned to our classroom it still replayed. 

my judgement, i could have stayed quiet. i could have used another excuse. instead i ruined kwon heejin, i took away her friends i took away her home. 

at lunch juyeon ditched me for ahyoon, i decided to sit on my own anyway. "gloomy." i looked up kim donghyun. 

"uh hi?" i said 

"this is where the student council meets. for lunch most of the time" donghyun chuckles, what a beautiful sound. "oh, my bad." i stand up. 

"you're good." donghyun urges me to sit down. soon jihoon woojin and this kid from my class gwanghyun sit down.