Chapter Two: Intensive Cleaning

Author's note: Just for future reference, chapters will most likely not come up on after another so fast, I just happen to have a few done at the moment because I waited till I had a good start to post. Oh and all the character's belong to J.K. Rowling, I'm juts borrowing a few :D Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter two: Intensive Cleaning

The next morning Alison, Ginny, and Hermione were woken by a very brisk Mrs. Weasley.  She pulled open the curtains with a flick of her wand and demanded they be up. She still seamed upset about the night before. Alison pulled the covers over her head and groaned in protest. She heard the door shut as Mrs. Weasley left to wake the others. In the bed next to her Ginny began to sit up, “Best not stay in bed; she’ll be madder than she is now.”

Alison groaned again but sat up in her bed. She saw her reflection in the mirror; her unruly curls were everywhere all at once. She sighed and climbed out of bed. Hermione was quietly dressing beside her bed.

“Mione,” started Ginny glancing over at their friend, “How was the conversation with Sirius last night?”

“Oh, nothing too exciting.” she answered.

“Come off it, Hermione.” said Alison pulling a shirt over her head, “There had to have been something worth sharing.”

“Well, I guess it won’t hurt to share some,” she began in a sheepish voice.

“Hermione,” said Ginny rolling her eyes, “pretend for a minute you don’t care about doing as you’re told.”

Hermione threw Ginny a look of annoyance before sighing and beginning to speak, “Well according to Sirius, He-who-must-not-be-named is collecting followers, and not just wizards either, creatures too. Giants, and Dementors, and maybe even the Goblins.”

“That’s it?” asked Alison highly disappointed in the information.

“Well that and he’s looking for something. Something he didn’t have the first time.” And with that Hermione left the room closing the door softly behind her.

Alison looked at Ginny who simply shrugged her shoulders, “I guess that’s all we get.” she said, “Come on. Let’s go before Ron eats all the good food.”

Alison smiled and followed her down stairs and into the kitchen. The walls were covered in the heads of long deceased house elves. Alison shuddered at the sight. She hadn’t noticed them the night before.

“Gin, what’s behind those curtains?” she asked gesturing to a pair of worn curtains hanging on the wall.

“A portrait of Sirius’s mum. This was his house as a kid.”

“Oh.”  So they were in Sirius’s house? He really should clean a bit more. It was quite dirty in here. Then again he had been in prison, and then on the run. She’d cut him some slack.

In the kitchen Ron was already at the table, his plate piled with food. Fred and George were also already at the table. George sent Alison a warm smile; she returned it and sat down next to him. She began pulling french toast towards her and eating a grateful amount. She loved Mrs. Weasley’s cooking.

“So what is our project today?” asked Hermione.

“We’ll be cleaning the drawing room today.” answered Mrs. Weasley her voice a little more cheerful than when she had woken them earlier. A groan went around the table.

Half an hour later they were in the drawing room. The room had to have once been very grand. There was a large fire place bordered on either side by large glass cabinets. The windows were large overlooking the street out front.  One wall was covered entirely by a family tapestry. On it were several burnt spots. In the corner was an old desk rattling slightly.