Kai shot me a glare, and I looked at him, "I swear I never said a word."

"Yeah, right! You're the only one that fucking knew besides your whole damn family," Kai screamed at me before storming off.

I got to my feet quickly. "Why? How?" Before Jacob could say anything. "Forget it. It doesn't matter. Thanks to you, Kai thinks I told people. I can't win for trying." With those words, I walked away, going to look for Kai.

I found Kai, and he refused to talk to me. He felt hurt, and I didn't blame him. I leaned against the wall and slid down. Why can't life be simple?

As I sat there, I saw two feet in front of me. I looked up to see Ashton there. He took a seat next to me.

"Rough day?" Ashton asked.

"More like a rough year. When did things spin so out of control, that people who liked each other, now hold grudges?" I asked.

"It's because we change and become different people. We aren't those innocent kids anymore," Ashton said.

"Thanks to Jacob, Kai hates me," I said with a sigh.

"What did Jacob do?" Ashton asked.

"Jacob said something at the moment's heat that he shouldn't have said. I think God is punishing me," I told Ashton.

"I don't think God is punishing you. He may test you but isn't punishing you. The question is, who told Jacob about Kai?" Jacob asked.

"I don't know, but it wasn't me," I answered.

"That's because it wasn't," a voice said. We looked up to see Kira standing there. She took a seat next to us.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I overheard my granddads talking about Kai. Charlie was dealing with legalities for Ace. Then one day Belle and I were talking, not realizing Jacob was listening to our conversation. I'm sorry, Faith. I didn't know he heard," Kira said, looking at me.

"Yeah, well, now Kai hates me because he thinks I said something. I'm thinking, this year isn't my year," I said, and they both let out a sigh.

Eventually, the storm let up, and we could go home. As for Kai and I, I wasn't sure anymore.

In the next couple of weeks, I didn't see or speak to Kai, which makes things difficult when he's staying at my grandparents' house. Any time I was there for dinner, he would eat and talk to everyone except me. Kai would ice out.

That didn't go unnoticed with everyone, especially Papa and the girls. It even got so bad one time that we ended up fighting at the table. It started when I was talking, and Kai interrupted me.

"Excuse me. I was saying something," I said to Kai.

"Must not have been important, you know unless it's a secret you care to share," Kai said with a glare.

I glared back, "For the last time, I said nothing."

"Oh, that's right because you're so sweet and innocent, but you're not. I mean, you spilled Jacob's secrets, so I figure hey, mine wasn't safe either," Kai snapped.

"Only because Jacob was acting like a dick, but I said nothing," I snapped back.

"Uh, huh, sure? So, Sean, do you think they will go all the way this year?" Kai asked Sean.

"It's a possibility," Sean started to say.

I stood up and slammed my hands on the table. Getting everyone's attention, I looked Kai in the face. "You know what? Fuck you, Kai! I finish with you! Since you won't listen, maybe you will listen now. Jacob overheard Kira and Belle talking after Kira overheard Charlie talking about the legalities of your case. That's how Jacob found out! Sorry Nana and Papa, but I lost my appetite. I'm going home." With that, I walked away.

After they heard the door slam closed, Papa looked at the others. "Why am I finding a common theme with the problem is this Jacob kid?"

"Jacob seems to be the center of it all," Grandpa says.

"I want you to pay that kid a visit and clarify that I am not happy," Papa said to Grandpa. Then he turned his attention to Kai, "And you, you will fix this. Now, let's get back to dinner."

Once I got home, I went straight to my room and laid on my bed. My phone was ringing left and right with calls and texts from everyone, including Kai. I didn't want to talk to anyone, especially Kai, so I turned my phone off.

I finished with everyone and everything. The secrets and lies were out of control. As I laid there, I heard pounding coming from downstairs. Why can't people leave me alone in peace? Maybe if I ignore them, they will go away.

Nope, the pounding got louder. I got up and went downstairs. Standing there at the door was Kai. I looked at him with a frown. What does he want?

"Look, I'm sorry," Kai started to say and not waiting for him to finish, I promptly closed the door on him. As I began to go back upstairs, he knocked again.

I answered the door. "Yes?"

"Just hear." Kai started to say.

Slam.

Knock, knock.

"What?" I asked.

"Just give me."

Slam.

Knock, knock.

"Look, no matter what you say or do, you didn't even let me explain, so why should I let you?" I spat.

"Faith."

Slam.

This time when Kai knocked, I didn't answer it. Instead, I went back up to my room and threw in my earbuds, turning up my music loud. It didn't matter what he could say to me at that moment; he didn't give me a chance to explain, so I would not listen to him tell. It finished me.