♡ supportive words

While you stand to support others, who will be there to support you?

That's why. . . I will be the one to support you, Morinozuka.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when he finished the small note he found on his desk. On the corner of the paper, a small, dark blue rose was color penciled beautifully.

"Takashi, what's that?" Honey asked.

Without hesitation, Mori showed the note to his cousin. As Honey read the short words, his face brightened.

"Wow, you have a supporter!" Honey exclaimed. "That's great, Takashi."

All Mori said was "Hm," but despite the short response, there was lot that was going through his mind — an endless train of thoughts.

The note was not like any love letter that he has received in his life. In fact, it wasn't even a love letter, just a few words of what seems to be encouragement for Mori. It was. . . nice to receive such a kind note.

Just who sent him the note? The author didn't bother to even put a pen name; nor put some place to meet so that they can get a response from him. Which means, the sender doesn't want to be found; nor get a response from him, which was a first. Mori felt that this sender just knows how he feels by the way they worded their note:

After all, only a background character can empathize with another background character.

~•~•~•~•~

This is like no other love letter; that's because this is not a love letter.

It's a support letter, to you, Morinozuka. Please, never forget that while you are shadowed as a supporter, I am shadowed even more as your supporter.

Mori slightly smiled at the rose that was on the corner of the note again but frowned when he read the note itself again. Now he's really curious of who is sending him these notes. From the odd wording to how they referred to him as formal as "Morinozuka," this author was strange and mysterious.

Though, Mori's not going to deny that it warmed his heart that, for once, it's not a letter about how handsome he is, or how admirable it is to take care of Honey so much. Of course, he knew that he was handsome, and that it was great that he cares for Honey so much (it's a family tradition for the Morinozukas to serve the Haniozukas for centuries, despite being combined as one big family now), so it was tiring to here the same two things over and over again.

There's more to Takashi Morinozuka's handsomeness and care for Honey; and he was glad that the author of these notes saw that in him. He pocketed the note in his school blazer and continued on with his day with a small smile, being uplifted by the note's words.

Unbeknownst to Mori, a (h/c)-haired girl not too far from his desk also had a small smile when she saw the usually stoic male's expression.

~•~•~•~•~

As a man of a expressionless upfront, a mere smile on your face when you read my notes brightens my day.

I like how my words are benefially affecting you; that means I am doing my job as your supporter, Morinozuka.

The third time's a charm, and the third time that Mori has gotten a note from "Anon-chan" (as Honey dubbed the mysterious author) has made the male looking forward to more of the small notes with his colored rose as a member of the Host Club that only show up when he gets to homeroom in the morning. No doubt, Mori was still curious as to who the author is, but for now, he's happy to be getting these supportive notes.