♡ boba tea

summer special

short!reader
You are 4'9", two inches shorter than Honey-senpai!

On a hot summer's day, what's a cute boy like Honey supposed to do?

Sitting under a cute umbrella, next to a cute cafe, with a cute girl can be that answer. Along with a cute beverage for him to drink.

He stared at the cute beverage in awe, which sat on the cute round table patiently for him to drink. It was a fluffy pink, a pink that he sees as the icing on some of the cakes he eats, with ice floating on the too while black little spheres rests on the bottom in a plastic, medium-sized cup. A plastic cover seals the cup and a thick plastic straw pierced through it, almost killing the strawberry which a chibi girl holds on the cover.

"Uwah!" Honey exclaimed and raised his fists to his cheeks. "They look like pearls from oysters!~"

The cute girl who sat across this cute boy with a content smile on her face was you, (F/n) (L/n) -- "Baby-chan" you were called among your friends because of your very short height of 4'9". You also happen to be the owner of the cute cafe the two of you sat near, the small cafe business being passed down to you by your father after you graduated from high school. The cute boy who sat in front of you was a loyal customer of three months now and has tried everything on your menu except one item -- until now.

"Just be careful that you don't drink it too fast, or else you might choke on the pearls," you advised.

Chocolate brown eyes met (e/c) eyes in both wonder and curiosity. "Really? Did that happen to you once?"

You flinched slightly and felt your throat contracting at the horrible memory. You felt like you were going to die -- well, you were since a small tapioca ball was cutting off your oxygen supply -- and you never want to have that feeling again. Nor did you want anyone else, especially your cute, loyal customer, to ever experience that feeling.

". . . I'd rather not talk about it. . ."

Honey pouted at your sullen response, thinking that it was his fault that he possibly triggered a bad memory.

You shook your head and went about back to your content smile, easing Honey's worrying. "Anyway, drink up, Honey-kun! I guarantee you that it's yummy!~"

"Okay!" Honey smiled back and leaned over the table a bit, his knees sitting him up on the cute chair he sat in, to take a sip of his boba tea. (Apparently his drink was way too far away from him to reach XD) He immediately tasted the burst of strawberries from the tea, along with a small chewy ball that popped on his tongue. He took the ball between his teeth, chewed on it a little, then swallowed. "Mmmm, this is yummy, Baby-chan! Very yummy!" he proclaimed with starry-eyes.

Giggling, your heart warmed at his proclamation. You were the one who made the drink for him -- and it has been months since you last made boba tea -- so you were proud that your boba tea making skills were still intact. Plus. . .you admit. . .you just wanted to impress your cute customer. . . It worked. . .you think. . .

You felt something nudge your arm. Snapping out of your reverie, you looked at what nugged you. It was Honey's boba tea. You then looked up at owner of the drink, who was surprisingly was bright red. And he wasn't one to be flustered easily.

"Y-You should have some. . .(F/n)," Honey shyly stuttered. He switched from scratching his cheek with his index finger, to bopping his index fingers together, then back to scratching his cheek again. Honey was like a mini version of a certain kouhai when he wants a certain cross-dresser's attention. . . It was so adorable!

You blushed. B-But that would b-be an indirect k-kiss! Despite your panicking thoughts, you remained calm -- well, besides the blush that won't stop growing on your face -- and took the strawberry-flavored boba tea in both of your hands. Placing your lips on the straw, you didn't notice that Honey was observing you as you also took a sip from the drink.

"Mmmm~" you sighed happily at the taste of strawberries and two tapioca balls. After chewing, then swallowing, the tapioca balls in your mouth, you giggled and smiled at the honey-blonde boy. "I told you it was good. . ." you paused hesitantly before adding, ". . .Mitsukuni!"

On a hot summer's day, what's better way to spend it than sitting under a cute umbrella, next to a cute cafe that you happen to own, with a cute boy that you have a cute crush on?

Oh, and don't forget the cute boba tea beverage that the two of you are sharing.

— 🔆 —

"When you're cute, you do everything absolutely adorable."

#shotaclub #shortashoney