♡ i care for you

birthday special
for @Fashion_Block

genderneutral!independent!reader

Ever since the Host Club was created, I've done everything in my power to make sure that the club doesn't go broke and that our money doesn't go to waste as the treasurer. Additionally, I'm the one who orders all the costumes and props for the club's cosplay days, and if we can't buy them, I just make them instead — spite of my kouhais' requests for them to get the props and costumes themselves. What more, I also just handle any other problems that the Host Club has.

And yet, my kouhais never seem to be happy about that.

"(Y/n)-senpai, it wasn't necessary for you to do that; I could've bought the costumes myself," Kyoya reprimanded. He was scolding me for manually making that whole set of Greek Gods costumes without his permission.

Sliding my reading glasses onto my head, I sighed. "Ootori-san, it was completely necessary for me to do so. After Haninozuka-san's episode of a 'sweet frenzy,' our bank slightly plummeted, which we cannot afford to make worse if we were to buy the costumes for the 'Greek Gods Week Special.' As the treasurer, I put it upon myself to make the costumes instead." I looked at the glasses-wearing male sharply when he was about to speak. "And I know that all of you, except for Fujioka-san, have family semestresses that could've done the job, but then again, that is just using your own money to make the costumes, and the Host Club cannot do that as it is said on our club contract. The costumes are already done, and that is final, Ootori-san."

Kyoya pressed his lips tightly and glared at me. I have won our argument already. Meanwhile, the idiot of a club president must've heard our conversation because he suddenly has his arms wrapped around my neck from behind and crying like a baby.

"(F/N)-SENPAI, WHY MUST YOU CARRY ALL OF OUR BURDEN ON YOUR SHOULDERS!!" Tamaki started to whine. "YOU ARE ALWAYS SO HARD ON YOURSELF, LET LITTLE BROTHER HELP YOU!!"

"'Little Brother?'" Haruhi offhandedly questioned from the side.

I huffed and gathered all my stuff into my messenger bag; club hours are almost over, finally. "Suoh-san, we have been through this for two years: I'm not bothered by the amount of work I must do in order for the Host Club to keep running successfully. I've promised you that I will do my best to 'not let the club plummet to being broke,' as you said before." When I finished packing up, I heaved the messenger bag on my shoulder. "Now, I'll be off now."

Kyoya nor Tamaki said anything after as I took my leave, though the latter did go to sulk in his corner. The first years, Haruhi and the twins, said their good byes to me while Mitsukuni (who goes by the nickname Honey) gave me his usual hug. Finally in my routine of leaving the Host Club:

"Let me take you home," Takashi gruffly offered. He held out his hand to take my bag from me, but I refused, like always.

I turned my nose away from him and walked around him. "No, Morinozuka-San, I'm 18 and perfectly capable of going home myself." With my hand now on the door knob of Music Room #3, I waited for Takashi to talk back like he usually does.

He didn't, and I felt slightly disappointed, but pushed through as I made my escape from here to my home. I didn't bother to look back to see that Takashi was too busy looking at something that accidentally dropped out of my bag with a deep frown as he gestured the Host Club for another devious plan.