33.

Jasmine POV

"Prima!. Listen come sit down and relax" Cyn tried to get her cousin to stop packing.

"No, I'm leaving. What's the point of staying if he won't even pay attention to me?" I asked.

"Jasmine listen I know what you're thinking sounds like a great idea. But try and sleep on it. Please?" Cyn begged.

"I can't keep crying. This whole situation is slowly breaking me down and causing me stress. I shouldn't be stressed during my pregnancy. You know when I found out I was pregnant I was scared but JR made me feel like it was the right thing. But now I feel like maybe it wasn't the best thing" I admitted. I would never not want my kids but I don't want them to live the life of having one parent.

"Remember what abuelita used to say... often the roughest roads leads to the top. You'll reach what you deserve but by running away it won't solve anything. We both know JR will wake up and come after you".

I knew she was right. Just then I heard the door slam downstairs. "He's home" I whispered.

The room door was locked just incase he tried to charge in here.

"Jasmine? Can I come in?" He asked. Cyn gave me a slight push to the door. "Open it" she whispered. I wiped my eyes and unlocked the door.

"What?" I asked.

"Can we talk?" He asked. I turned to look at Cyn. She got the cue to leave and walked out. I closed the door just incase we started yelling.

He looked at the suitcase that was half way packed. "Cyn never unpacked her things?" He asked.

"That's my suitcase... I was in the middle of packing" I crossed my arms over my chest and stood there.

"Are you leaving me?" He started to panic. "You can't leave me Jasmine. I already told you this!".

"I can do whatever I want I'm not tied down to you". He stood there confused and in disbelief.

"With my kids you are tied down to me. And you are not leaving me to take my kids across the country".

"So is Amanda tied down to you too?" I asked.

"Is this what this is all about?!" He asked. "You're leaving me and giving up on us because of her?!".

"It's always been about her!. You don't even notice how much you changed. Everyone else sees it but you don't. Let me ask you... were you there at my last appointment?".

He couldn't answer.

"No you weren't. Cyn was there but you wasn't. And why weren't you there?. Let me think... oh wait Amanda had called you to help her pick her a color or the baby's wall" I felt the tears filling my eyes.

He rubbed his hands over his face and just stood there.

"I didn't have my parents. My grandma was the only person I had. It's an empty feeling not knowing your parents. I don't want my girls to experience that. But if I can shield them from it I will".

His phone started ringing. He glanced at the caller ID and looked back at me.

"It's her right?!". He nodded.

"You can answer it and go. But don't think I'll be here when you get back" I warned. He sighed.

"What do you want me to do?!" He yelled.

"Maybe be there for me too. I am pregnant as well nevermind with two babies. I didn't ask to get pregnant. Are you scared to talk to me?. Is that what it is?. Or maybe because your tired of being with the black women and now you want to go back to white. I just wish we can go back to how we used to be. That loving couple".

"All these assumptions are completely nonsense".

"Really?. Well there's something wrong for you to be ignoring me all the time. Thank god for Cyn if she wasn't here I don't know what I would've done".

His phone started ringing again. "It's like you want me choose".

"Not at all. You can't choose. But you can see what's right infront of you before it's too late".

"So what are you saying?" He asked.

"I know once we are done talking you'll call her back and disappear for a couple of hours. So this talk was pointless and a waste of time. So go on ahead and be there for her cause you can't be here for me" I threw some more clothes in my suitcase. "But I won't be here when you get back" I wiped my eyes and looked away.

He got up and walked out of the room. Cyn slowly walked back in...

"What happened?" She asked.

"I'm booking us a flight back to NY tonight" Cyn looked stunned. She walked out the room to start packing I guess.

Cyn POV

Shit! This wasn't in the plans at all. I had to call Landon now.

"Hello?".

"Landon we have an emergency! JR came to talk to Jasmine but they didn't resolve anything and now she booked a flight back to NY for tonight for the both of us!".

"What?!. You're leaving?".

"Focus! If I leave and she leaves that means you'll have to investigate on your own and fast".

"JR had one job and he failed" he sighed.

"Blame your wife too!. She should've kept her mouth shut!".

"True, alright alright. Call me when you reach NY so I know you both are safe".

"Okay, please hurry up!". I hung up the call and prayed that this all settles soon. Taking out my carry on and throwing my clothes inside. This is going to be a hell of a welcome back for Jasmine.