3.

That night the option of what JR told me was playing over and over in my head. I couldn't sleep due to the noise next door. These walls were too thin.

Looking at my phone and saw it was 2:30am. I have work in a couple of hours. I need sleep!. Before I knew it I heard a thud. I jumped up and stayed still to see if I hear anything else.

Out of all the time I was staying here I've never heard any type of noise or commotion.

"You think I'm fucking stupid?! Huh?!. Where's my money?" A guy yelled.

"I told you I'll get it to you by tomorrow. Something came up".

"That's not going to work now is it?. I told you today was the last time I would let you slide. But now I'm starting to think you think I'm stupid!".

Before I knew it I heard another thud against the wall. Holy shit!. I mean I'm from NY but damn people dealt with their business quietly due to someone calling the cops. Damn Californian people are brave.

"Let's go for a ride!" The man yelled. I heard some rumbling and then the door slam against the wall.

"I promise you I'll get you the money please just let me make a call!" This person was pleading.

"Time's up!. Let's go!" The man yelled once again. I heard the shuffling as they walked pass my door with the man slamming him against my door. I flew out of the bed and hid in the bathroom.

"Don't fuck with me! You're dead already so let's just make this easy!". Once that sentence was said it became quiet. I stayed in the bathroom for sometime just to make sure.

Finally!. I slowly came out the bathroom and got back in the bed. But I couldn't sleep for nothing. Tomorrow will be a tough day!.

Later that morning...

I felt like a zombie. The day was passing me by but I felt as if I was stuck in one spot all day. Thank god today wasn't busy. I rested my head on the counter just to get a five minute nap.

"Are you okay?" I looked up to see JR. He's always smiling when he sees me. What the hell is he so happy about?.

"Yeah, I'm fine just extremely tired. The usual?" No offense I was too tired to talk.

"Couldn't sleep?, and yes".

"Something like that. Just a lot of weird shit going on over at that motel".

"Told you. Did you think about what I offered?" He asked.

Making his bagel I swear I was falling asleep. I didn't even hear anything he was saying.

"Jasmine?..." he called.

"Yeah, umm... I need sleep. So I'll take it" handing him his bagel and coffee. "Just swipe the card" I yawned in the meantime.

"If you want I'll give you a tour of the guest house so you see what's there".

I nodded.

"So I'll pick you up when your shift is over?" He asked.

I nodded once again. Too tired.

He smiled and walked out. My coworker came back from her break. "Was that the VIP guy?" She asked.

"Who JR?" I asked not realizing I said his name.

"JR?. Who's that?" She turned to me.

"The guy who comes in here every single morning for the same damn thing. How do you not know his name?".

"Because I'm not sleeping with him to know his name. But obviously you are" she sneered.

I turned around and ignored her. Not today I was too tired to even fight. I just walked into the back with no other words. Which made her even more upset. Oh well!.

Around 4, I clocked out and let my hair loose from under this hat. The sun was still shining which made me a little happy. JR's car pulled up in front of me I smiled and got in.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"Could've been better but whatever. How was work?" .

"Same shit, different day" he said.

"So I guess if I like the space then I'll come back and get my stuff and move in".

"That works for me" he smiled. Every now and then I caught him glancing at me. I pretended to not notice.

"Are we almost there?" This ride was taking a long time.

"Almost give it another five minutes and you'll be at your new home".

So many trees and just roads. Damn he lives in the out skirts of town. How the hell will I get to work?.

"Don't worry when I leave in the morning I'll take you to work".

"Are you reading my mind?" I joked.

"I could tell you were thinking about something?" He laughed. "And we are here".

My mouth gaped open as we passed these huge gates as they opened to this wide property. There was this huge house and when I say huge... it's huge.

"You live here?!" I asked.

"Yup, you like? He asked.

I nodded. "Are you sure you aren't a drug dealer or something because this house is huge".

"I'm positive. I just run a successful company".

He pulled up into his garage and turned the car off. "Well let's go".

Walking out of the garage all you see was land. Looking to my left I saw his huge house. I felt his hand on my waist walking me with him.

"The guest house is right here" he pointed to this medium one floor house which wasn't too far from his huge house.

"I don't know. This seems too much for you to do for me" I nervously said.

"Non sense. Come on" he ushered me inside. Once I went inside this house I was amazed. It's much bigger than I thought.

"This is the living room, the kitchen is over there and it the bedroom is back there. But everything you need is in a short walking distance. And it's already furnished as well".

"What can I say? This is amazing and it beats living in that awful motel room. Thank you!". The smile I had was big. From ear to ear.

"You're welcome. And if you need anything my house is right there so don't be afraid to come over".

I nodded and was just in awe of this place. Who the hell would want to move out?.