The Story of a Psychic Teen Girl(Maybe a Love Story?) - Chapter 22

I haven't posted in a few days because I've been really busy. :)

Anyways GO HAWKS! They won the Stanley Cup, SO HAPPY!! (:

Okay, you can read now.

Please vote and comment. :)

Chapter 22

I didn't know what to say. This, of all things, had to come from his mouth? Why not something cocky and stupid. Like his normal behavior.

His gray eyes were staring me down with such intensity that my throat constricted and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Everything was in those eyes.

The lamp by my bed made his eyes seem darker than they really were, and a tint of orange lit up the center of them. It looked like a fire was burning inside of him.

A fire for me.

The thought snapped me out of my trance and I turned away and put my head in my hands. This couldn't be happening.

Drake had to be right. Delilah's memories were slowly sinking into me.

But I was scared to know what memories Drake was getting. Were they as intimate as the ones I was getting? The thought made a jolt through my body.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, but I didn't move. It sent a burning sensation down my arm, and I could feel blood rush into my cheeks. Why couldn't I be calm like Delilah was in the dream the other night?

Then I realized Drake still wanted an answer. I was afraid to look back up into his face, but I turned towards him and kept my head low. I didn't want to get stuck in those eyes again.

The answer to Drake's question was obvious. I couldn't deny the connection between us.

"N-no." I stuttered a bit, but was already too flustered to care.

The hand on my shoulder slid under my chin and tilted it upwards. My eyes fluttered to his and the fire was back. My mouth opened a bit and let out a breath of air that I had been holding. It was as if I was under a spell.

His spell.

Drake studied me, he kept holding my chin until he decided that I wouldn't look down again.

And as soon as he let go, I wished he hadn't.

The warmth of his hand was gone, leaving my skin feeling cold.

I heard him sigh and he leaned back as if noticing he was leaning closer to me. I broke eye contact and fiddled with my hands. Awkward moment.

The thought made me giggle and it made him look at me.

"What's so funny?" he asked. His voice was lower and hushed. I shook my head. I didn't want to let him in on my stupidity.

"Don't make me force it out of you." he leaned closer and put a smile on his face. It was a relief that he broke the tension between us.

"What are you going to do?" I asked skeptically. He smiled bigger and came a little closer. I laughed.

"Something." he said and I leaned back. Way to have a vague answer.

He kept coming closer and my eyes widened. He better not do what I think he wants to. He couldn't kiss me.

Drake was inches away from my face, I felt an arm skim across my arm. My eyes fluttered to his lips. I had the urge to close the distance between us, but didn't want to make a fool of myself.

All of a sudden he leaned back with the book of spells in his hand. I gasped. That little bastard!

I thought he was going to kiss me, how foolish was I? The red in my cheeks was back and I wished that my skin was darker so it wouldn't show all the time.

And the look in his face showed that he knew what I was thinking.

What did he want with the spell book anyway?

I watched as he ran his fingers over the cover. His eyes were studying it as if he wanted to memorize every part of it.

Drake flipped to the title page in the front and read it. The book seemed to belong in his hands, as it felt like it belonged in my hands.

Could he feel the cold seep into his fingers like I did when I put the book in my hands?

All of a sudden he flipped to a random page in the book, but to him it wasn't a random page. He read it intently with a crease in his forehead.

Could he read Latin too?

His eyes scanned throughout the page with a weary look on his face.

"Can you read that?" I asked. Drake looked back up at me and nodded, then went back to reading. It was another five minutes before he decided to speak.

"This is the page you need to practice with. It will help reverse the spell." he said and handed the book back into my hands.

The cold book sent tingles into my hands as I looked over the page. It was a reverse spell, which sounds easy. But it required a lot of ingredients.

Ingredients from other countries. How would I get those?

"You have to trust your instinct. Your Delilah's family. Even if it's distant." Drake said as if he was reading my mind.

He got up from my bed and left it feeling empty.

"I have to go, you're family can't know I was in here." he said and I almost asked why. But then I remembered my father and Drakes fathers' talk.

I watched as he put one foot out of the window and turned to look at me.

Those gray eyes held so much in them. So much history.

It felt like our families were intertwined somehow. I don't know why I thought that.

"Bye, Emma." Drake said quietly. He put the rest of his body out of the window and I heard him jump onto the vine by the side of it.

"Bye Drake." I said in an equally quiet voice.

I don't know if he heard me or not, but I had the feeling he knew that every time he left, a piece of my heart went with him.