The Story of a Psychic Teen Girl(Maybe a Love Story?) - Chapter 12

Chapter 12! Hope you guys like it, I thought hard about the plot that takes place here because I wanted to make it good. So VOTE and COMMENT what you think! Or just VOTE! Because to continue I need votes... (:

OKAY! GO READ! haha

Chapter 12

Two days and a lot of pain medicine later, I decided it was time to get out of bed and explore a little bit more downstairs. I switched the bandage on my head and then put on some sweats to stay comfy.

Rain was still coming down, and the gray sky wasn't helping my dull mood. At least the power had come back on so I didn't have another accident.

I slowly reached the top of the stairs to the basement and flipped on the dusty vintage light switch that had a gold covering on it.

Making sure that each foot was stepping on a step before I put my full weight on it, it took me thirty seconds just to get down the stairs. My head was still making me feel woozy, but it was getting a little better.

The dusty scent of old books reached my nose once again, and I started towards where I had had the encounter with the voice from the dreams I have been having.

A handful of books were on the ground, each with ripped or damaged covers. I bent down the look at them.

The History of Willow Falls, E. Francis. I opened it up and saw information on this town dating from the 1700's to around 1900. The red book had writing inside of it, and pieces of paper marking some of the pages. I flipped to the nearest one.

A messy scrawl was included next to the paragraph, an arrow pointed to a passage with information about Willow Falls' founding fathers. A faded black and white picture was included with it.

I read the names of William E. Falls, John A. Franklin, Joseph D. Mattison, and Patrick. R. James.

Mattison was my last name. Was it possible that I was related to Joseph D. Mattison?

I should remember to ask my dad about that. With reading on further, I found that the town was established in 1792, and named after William E. Falls' late wife, Willow Falls.

Kinda ironic, since she killed herself by jumping off a cliff into the river. Willow falls, she fell AND her last name was Falls.

A picture of an eye at the top of the page caught my attention and my breath hitched. A pyramid with an eye inside of it was above the founding fathers passage. It was drawn in a blue ink pen and looked like a mad mans scrawl. Next to it was the saying, "The third eye is always watching."

Wasn't that the sign of physic powers? The third eye? I quickly shut the book and made my way back up to my room. I wanted read the book with privacy and be in a comfy spot at the same time.

As soon as I made it upstairs, I flipped to another page marked with a little piece of yellowed ripped paper.

The heading of the passage read 'William E. Falls, Founding Father of Willow Falls'.

Further on, I read, " Williams middle name was Emma, named after his twin sister that had died at childbirth. He came from a small town in Europe, near Paris. In 1781, he married Elizabeth Hawkins, but two years later she died from tuberculosis. In 1785, he remarried to Willow Mattison, Joseph Mattison's sister. They had one child, Delilah Falls."

Next to the paragraph there was a picture with an arrow pointing next to it. A picture with a girl that looked strangely like me. It must be Delilah. She had on a black blouse that went down to her ankles.

Her hair was light, you could tell by the way it glinted in the picture. She didn't exactly smile, it more of a knowing smirk. As if someone behind the camera had just said something funny to her and she was trying not to laugh.

The resemblance startled me, I looked at the picture closer and noticed there was a gray haze surrounding her. Weird.

"Emma! Dinners ready!" My mom called and I jumped. I looked at the time. It was already 6:30. With a sigh I closed the book and made my way down the stairs.

The food smelled delicious considering I had almost ate nothing today. Chicken, mashed potatoes, and vegetables filled the table. My parents were already eating.

"How you feeling?" my dad asked.

"Much better, still a little woozy though." I replied.

"Good." he said as he put a forkful or vegetables in his mouth.

I remembered there was something I needed to ask my dad about the book I had found downstairs.

"Hey, dad. Are we related to Joseph Mattison? One of the founding fathers of this town," I added.

He looked up and froze. Had I asked something wrong?

"What makes you ask that?" he asked with a weird look on his face.

"I was looking at a book about the history of Willow Falls that I found downstairs." I said and he somehow looked relieved.

"We are distantly. Very distant." he said and got up from the table and took his plate with him. I watched after he set his plate in the sink and headed up the stairs to go to the bedroom. I looked over at my mom.

"Is there something wrong with him today?" I asked. She also had a weird look on her face and shook her head.

"He's just had a rough day. Just tired is all." I nodded and continued eating my food.

I was still curious about the third eye thing. And why did Delilah Falls look exactly like me? I shook it off and finished my dinner.

After washing off my plate, I went back to my room to snoop some more about the Mattison and Falls Families. But when I opened the door, there stood Drake with a smirk on his face. Oh my god. How the heck did he get up here?!

I also noticed there was a book in his hand. The history of Willow Falls.