The Story of a Psychic Teen Girl(Maybe a Love Story?) - Chapter 16

Please VOTE!

AND COMMENT!

I just want to make this story good, so I need to know what you all think! (:

Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. The sun was shining and I was instantly in a happy mood.

Until I remembered what had happened last night.

My whole mood just plummeted. I dragged myself out of bed and took a quick shower, then put an outfit on.

I left my hair to its natural curl and added some makeup, then I took a good long look in the mirror.

I looked older somehow, maybe I just haven't spent that much time looking at myself or maybe it's because of everything on my mind.

Either way, at least I didn't have bags under my eyes.

I grabbed my backpack and drove to school. I arrived ten minutes later.

Abby was waiting with Erik at the entrance.

They had each other in an embrace, and an image of Delilah and Drake came to mind.

I didn't know where it came from, but it made my heart jump just little bit.

Abby saw me coming and she smiled. She walked up to me.

"You feeling better? I was worried we would have to take another trip to the hospital." she said with a humorous tone.

I plastered a smile on my face.

I like that she was caring for me, but today I just couldn't find the will to really smile.

"Yeah, just a migraine I guess." I said as I started to lead both Abby and Erik inside of the school.

I heard Erik whisper something into Abby's ear and she giggled. I don't know why, but I suddenly got mad.

It made me angry to think that everybody else gets to be happy when I have to worry about being crazy and seeing things.

But then I remembered Drake has to deal with it too.

Maybe everyday HE plastered a fake smile on his face like I had to today.

Once I got to my locker inside of the school, Abby had still stayed with me, but Erik went to attend some other business.

"So," she said with a glint in her eyes, "Erik's having a party at his house tonight. Everybody is going. Will you be my date?" she asked and I started laughing.

"Your date?" I asked to make sure that's what she said and my ears weren't playing tricks on me.

"Yup!" she popped the 'P' to make it sound more dramatic.

Maybe going to his party would help me get my mind off of things. It would probably be a good idea to do that.

"Of course I'll be your date," I said and then thought of something to seal the deal. "Give me a hug!"

We chuckled and then decided that we should get back to class so were not late.

The rest of the day went by fast, I didn't really pay attention in class. My mind would still wander to last night.

Other times it would wander to tonight. What would I wear?

But during the whole day, it would ALWAYS go back to Delilah and Drake. I still didn't understand. Did she want to make them immortal?

Delilah had said that one lifetime wasn't enough for them, so it was a possibility.

BUT, there wasn't a such thing as immortality..was there?

My mind wouldn't stop drawing conclusions, and by the last hour of the day, I had flung my pencil two times, my fingers wouldn't stop tapping on the desk, and my palms were getting sweaty.

Abby had noticed, but she thought that it was because I was excited for the party tonight.

If only that were the case.

The bell finally rung and I silently cheered. I grabbed my bag from my locker and then headed out to the parking lot to my car.

I wanted to get home early to pick out a good outfit and do my hair nicely.

I was putting in an All Time Low CD when I heard a tap on my window. I looked out to see Drake standing there.

Come to think of it, I hadn't seen him at all at school today. I don't know how I missed him, because I was thinking about him half of the day.

I rolled down my window.

"Can I help you?" I asked and he gave me that look like 'duh'.

"No, I just want you to roll the window back up and drive off." I nodded and started rolling my window back up.

He put his hand on top of the half up window, and I could have crushed his hand if I wanted too.

"I wasn't being serious." he accused. "Actually, I wanted to know if you were going to the party tonight." Drake asked and when he kneeled down to get into a better talking position, I caught his eyes.

They were like gray pools and I couldn't look away. I got the shivers and then remembered he had asked me a question.

"Um, yeah I am. Why?" I asked, hoping he didn't notice that I was completely staring at him like a weird freak.

"I was just wondering if you knew what his address was?" he asked as I shook my head.

"No, Abby's picking me up."

A sudden image from last night came to mind. I still didn't get why Drake would be in the reverie that I had. I remembered that his name had been Daniel. Drake kind of reminded me of a Daniel, and they both started with D's.

Oh, what am I thinking? It couldn't have been him. But I still think it had to be.

"Emma!" he called and I snapped out of my trance.

"What Daniel?!" I immediately put a hand on my mouth and shook my head.

"Don't listen to that, I was daydreaming. Haha. Yeah. My cousin Daniel. You kind of look at him." I rambled on and mentally slapped myself.

Way to go, I thought.

But Drake wasn't listening, his eyes had glazed over and had gone tense and still.

Time went slow for a couple of seconds.

"Drake?" I asked and gently put a hand on his arm. He jerked away from my touch and took a few steps back.

"Don't touch me," he said calmly, "You remind of her so much, but I cant intervene. I can't. I can't. I can't." he said more as if he was convincing himself.

I was getting more confused. I reminded him of who? Delilah? Did he KNOW about her?

I was going to ask what he meant, but he was already walking away with his hands rubbing his face.

It was the exact same gesture from the dream last night. I stiffened.

This was getting weirder. And the party was the last thing on my mind right now.

I NEEDED to know what was going on.

And I knew who I needed to go see to find what I needed.