The First Night Home

Harry’s POV

“You get some rest, baby,” I said, pulling the covers tighter around (Y/N).

“You sure?” She asked sitting up abruptly. “Cause I can easily stay up with Darcy if you need me to.”

“I’m sure. You need your rest,” I replied, pushing her back down it bed. “I got this.” 

“Thanks baby,” she smiled, then settled back into bed. 

I headed out the room downstairs and heated up a bottle for Darcy. Once back upstairs, I slipped into Darcy's room, and settled in a chair with my daughter in my arms. I rocked her back and forth as I fed her. 

“Your mommy and daddy love you. You know that right?” I asked, and Darcy seem to be listening to me. Her big brown eyes stared up at me taking in every word I had said. “I don’t know what I’m going to do, when you get older and start going out with boys.” 

“I guess we’ll just find out then. You will always be daddy’s little princess,” I said again, and this time I swear I saw her smile. *GIF*

After I finished feeding her, I set her in her crib and began singing to her. “Rock-a-bye baby, in the tree top. When the wind blows, the cradle will rock,” I sang, watching as Darcy’s eyes began to flutter. “When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And down will come baby, cradle and all.” 

When she was sound asleep, I slipped out the room. I smiled, when I saw (Y/N) was fast asleep. Both my beautiful girls fast asleep. I climbed into bed, leaning over and kissing (Y/N) on the forehead. 

“I love you,” I whispered, then I drifted off the sleep.