Do the Potty Dance

Your POV

“So you’re telling me she is about to start school, and she isn’t potty trained yet,” my best friend, Nicole exclaimed.

I shifted the phone onto my other ear. “Yeah, I know. It’s bad,” I sighed. “But we’ve been trying for months. She just won’t go on her own.”

Nicole said something else, but my daughter, Darcy, distracted me. “Mommy I have to go potty,” she whined, tugging on my pant leg.

“Not now Darcy,” I muttered, shaking off her comment. “Anyway…I just hope she can get it down before we have to meet with the principal of that fancy preschool. I’ll call you later,” I sighed. After I hung up, I turned around to see what Darcy wanted, but she wasn’t there.

“Where’s Darcy?” I asked Harry, who had just come down the stairs.

“What do you mean? I thought you were watching her,” He replied shooting me a look.

“I was—,” I began, but he didn’t let me finish. He quickly left the room and began searching the house.

I followed him. We searched the house top to bottom, but we couldn’t find Darcy. “I can’t find her anywhere,” Harry sighed, struggling to catch his breath.

“I can’t eith—wait do you hear that?” I said, pressing my ear to the bathroom door. “It sounds like singing.

I carefully opened the door to find Darcy sitting on the toilet. She had pushed a stack of books up to the toilet because she was too short to reach it on her own. She sat swinging her little legs with a huge smile on her face.

When she finished she stood up and pulled her pants up. “Shoes, waist, celebrate,” she sang, her smile growing wider. She stepped down, and ran over and hugged me.

“I did it mommy!” She squealed, her little arms squeezing my legs tight. “I’m a big kid now!”

“You are,” I cheered, picking her up. “You’re mommy’s little big kid.”

 *GIF* "I can’t believe that stupid song actually worked. It’s been stuck in my head for weeks, and the guys keep making fun of me for singing it,” Harry complained.

“Aww you poor baby,” I replied, rolling my eyes at him.

“Daddy’s a baby,” Darcy sang, laughing at him.

“He sure is, Darcy,” I smiled, exiting the bathroom. “He’s a big baby.”