Baby Time

“Ma’am this is going to be a little cold,” the doctor explains as you layed on the the table waiting for you ultrasound to begin.Harry held your hand as the doctor began rubbing the cold clear gel on your tummy.

“What do you think the baby is going to be,” Harry asked wiping your stray hairs from your face. 

“I think it’s going to be umm,” you began biting your lip in concentration. “A girl.”

He eyed you skeptically. “Well I think it’s going to be a boy,” he grinned.

“Care to bet,” you challenged him raising your eyebrows at him.

“Alright. You’re on,” he replied grinning mischievously. “If I win, I get to go out for guys night this weekend.”

“And if I win you have to cook dinner for a week,” you retorted sticking your tongue out at Harry. He was about to reply, but the doctor’s voice stopped him.

“Alright, Mrs. Styles. Everything is looking great,” she smiled. “Would you like to hear the heartbeat?”

“Yes,” you and Harry both replied in unison.

She nodded and placed the ultrasound machine over the baby’s heart making projecting the sound in the room. “Hear that? That’s your baby,” she said looking up at you and Harry.

You baby’s heartbeat brought tears to your eyes. It made it finally sink in that you were carrying Harry’s baby. You could see the excitement inHarry’s eyes as he watched your baby on the monitor. “That’s my baby,” he gasped his eyes watering up with tears. “I can’t believe it. It’s so little.”

The doctor smiled at him. “It’s only 19 weeks along, so it’s supposed to be small,” she grinned. “Would you like to know the sex of the baby?”

Both you and Harry nodded leaning on edge anticipating the gender of the baby. “It’s a,” she began getting a kick of making this suspenseful. “Girl,” she revealed wiping the gel off your belly. 

“Yes! I won,” you cheered sticking your tongue out at Harry. 

“Congratulations,” the doctor piped in removing her gloves. “Mrs. Styles, you can schedule your next appointment with the secretary out front. Have a nice day!” You waved goodbye before continuing your victory cheer

“I won. You lost.” You began doing a mini dance as Harry sulked in the corner.

“Whatever,” Harry mumbled crossing his arms across his chest. You sat up pulling down your shirt grin at Harry.

“Looks like we are having Italian for dinner,” you sung as Harry helped you down from the doctor’s table. He muttered something as you exited the room, but you didn’t quite catch what he said.

“What was that,” you asked holding your hand up to your ear, but Harry didn’t reply. “That’s what I thought. And to think I was going to let your go out for guys night anyway,” you replied sauntering off down the hallway.

“Wait What,” he called chasing you down the hallway. “Kitten I didn’t mean it! Wait! Let’s talk about this! Come on (Y/N)!”