Funny Running Into You Here

Harry’s POV

“They are ready for you, Harry,” the assistant was telling me. “Your suit is in the dressing room, and when you’re ready just call.”

I nodded, then headed into the room. I slid into the silky smooth material of the crisp black suit. I smiled nodding in approval of my outfit. It was a little big, but that could easily be fixed.

“I think I’m ready,” I called to the assistant. 

“Great,” she smiled. “If you just follow me, I’ll take you to get it fitted.”

After a short trip down the hall, we found ourselves standing in front of a door. “She’s right in there,” the girl smiled at me. “You must be really important, if she was willing to take you personally.”

I stared at her in confusion. I was about to ask her about it, but she was already gone. I sighed and stepped into the room.

“Hey Hazza,” I voice called to me. I wandered deeper into the room to find (Y/N), my highschool crush, smiling at me from behind a huge desk. “Or is it Harry now?” *GIF*

“(Y/N) is that you,” I smiled, pulling her into a smile. “Wow you look amazing.”

“Thanks,” she replied, nervously brushing her hair behind her ear. “I finally ditched the dorky glasses.”

“I liked your glasses,” I replied, shoving my hands into my pockets awkwardly. “Anyway, I see you’re doing well. You’re a world famous fashion designer I see. All that doodling paid off.”

“Yeah,” She blushed, guiding me over the fitting area. She began placing various pins, where the suit needed to be adjusted. “But I mean you’re doing well. You just got nominated for a grammy I hear.”

“Yeah,” I replied. There was an awkward silence; The only thing you could hear was the sound of (Y/N)’s heels as she circled around me.

“So how is Chris?” I asked, clearing away the awkward silence.

“Chris?” She asked, as if she didn’t know who I was talking about. “Oh Chris. The boy I swore I was in love with.”

“Yeah. Him.”

“I haven’t talked to him in years Haz,” she giggled. “Oh wow. I can’t believe you still remember that. He was an ass.”

“Oh really,” I replied, standing up a little bit straighter. 

“Yeah. Alright, I’m done,” She smiled, admiring her work. I stepped down off the stool, turning to  face her.

“Thank you. Wow this is crazy,” I smirked. “You know running into you like this. Small world. I’ve really missed you.”

“I missed you too,” she grinned. “We were so close. Sometimes I wish that— nevermind.”

“No. You wish what?” I asked curiously. 

She sighed heavily, looking away from me. “I just wish it was you who asked me to Prom senior year instead of Chris. I waited for you to ask, but you never did.”

“I know,” I sighed, shoving my hands into my pockets. “But maybe it’s not too late.”

“What are you talking about Harry?” She asked eyeing me. “Prom is long over.”

“Not Prom. I mean maybe there’s still a chance for us,” I smiled taking her hands in mine. “What do you say? Let me take you out tonight.”

“Tonight?” She asked, weighing the options in her head. “I guess so,” she finally replied.

“Alright, great,” I grinning, heading for the door with a new skip in my walk. “I’ll pick you up at 7.”

“No surprises,” she called after me, but I could tell she was excited.

“I’m not making any promises.”