Stay Where I Can See You XXXXXXIII

Shoutout to @hellsbellsbellamy

Bellamy waded through the buzzing crowd, working frantically on a rough headcount of the campers

Bellamy waded through the buzzing crowd, working frantically on a rough headcount of the campers. Miller and Monty were back. Then there was Raven and Jasper. Octavia was present and so was Clarke. Camp's best gunners, as well as every foot soldier, had all been accounted for. Everyone was back except for you - a fact Bellamy was already keen to, but he was desperately hoping he had somehow skipped over you in the chaos.

The grounders had launched a stealth attack on the delinquents when you all tried to leave camp. Sharp weapons were thrown from the cover of trees, fatally spearing campers on their pointed edges. Blood and bodies soiled the forest floor, sending the remaining survivors stampeding into camp with raucous cries of fear.

Bellamy had been searching for you since the smoke cleared, seemingly the only one to take immediate notice of your apparent absence in the midst of the madness. He pushed past the blur of campers as he called out your name, kicking himself for not keeping a more watchful eye on you.

Suddenly, Bellamy froze in his place. His blood ran cold as his eyes locked onto your wounded frame limping in through the front gates, blood dripping from the gash on your forehead.

Bellamy's feet were moving faster than his thundering heartbeat as he scrambled toward you. He could see your legs weakening with every step and just as he reached you, your legs gave way but you never felt the cold grip of the dirt. Bellamy caught you, securely cradling you in his arms and letting you rest your weary head against his shoulder.

"I thought I lost you," Bellamy whispered, choking back the tears that formed in his eyes. "What happened?"

"I tripped," you confessed. "Got knocked over in the panic and hit my head on a rock. Never even saw a grounder."

Bellamy let out a small sigh in relief and his frantic breathing calmed as he held you close to him.

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let you out of my sight," Bellamy said, his voice quivering. "If anything ever happened to you-"

You stroked his speckled cheek with your hand, seeing the glaring pain in his eyes and knowing he would break if you ever slipped too far from his grasp. And even with your own immediate injury, you were more worried about him than yourself.

"I'm okay," you assured. "What about you?"

Bellamy gazed down at you, eyes glistening as he absorbed this image of you, grateful that he hadn't seen your face for the last time.

"I am now.