How The Mighty Fall VI

Warnings: Violence  and Murder 

You watched as Octavia and Bellamy exchanged words upon hearing Jasper's message. You couldn't believe your best friend was threatening someone especially Jasper. You took the radio out of Bellamy's hand.

"John! Let him go and you can walk out of camp" Everyone heard the sarcastic laugh over the radio. Bellamy's jaw clenched and you knew he was about to do something dangerous.

"Sorry sweets but you and I both know your boyfriend won't let me leave." Tears started to gather in your eyes as you silently begged Octavia to intervene. All she could do was shake her head.

"Listen up Murphy you don't want him. You want me. I let the camp hang you up. I'm responsible for what happened." Your heart dropped. He was going to go in unarmed and alone to take Jasper's place. Someone squeezed your hand as reassurance. It was Bellamy. He gave you a meek smile as the drop ship door opened.

"Just you Bellamy. alone. unarmed. You got 10 seconds!" He gave his gun to one of the other kids. "I'm here!" You were not about to stand there and let Bellamy die so you gave him a hard shove to knock him off balance and ran into the ship. When you got inside, your focus was on freeing Jasper. However as Jasper ran out of the ship Murphy hit you with the butt of his gun effectively knocking you out.

_____________________________________________________________________

When the first signs of consciousness returned, you felt a caress on your cheek before the pain in your head followed by restricted hand movement. You tested your range of motion while you tried to open your eyes. What you saw would be your nightmare for a long time.

"But I know the King's about to die.."

"JOHN NO! please don't do this." You pleaded while attempting to loosen your restraints. Regret flashed for a moment on his face before he steeled his expression again.

"Don't make me hurt you! He should have stopped it the way you tried to! Don't defend his cowardice!" Murphy's face reddened in anger and he stepped towards you. Bellamy looked on worried John might actually follow through on this threat. Good you had his attention now. You just needed to give Raven and Jasper enough time to complete their task. Their assistance did little to quell the growing anxiety that grew in your stomach.

"John, you're scaring me. I know you are upset at what happened and want Bellamy to understand how you felt when the crowd turned on you but he gets the point. No one needs to die. Please John I'm begging you. I love him don't take him away from me." Your head hurt from crying but you were able to wiggle your hands free from your ties. In the same moment you all heard a sound from under the floor and John began shooting wildly. "NO!" You tackled John when he kicked the bucket out from under Bellamy.

"Bell No!" Octavia and Jasper ran to aide Bellamy. You and Murphy struggled over the gun. "Get off of me Y/N!"

"How could you! Agh!" You punched him again and again. You felt so betrayed and angry. You lost your best friend to his desire for vengeance. You heard Bellamy's coughs but it had not registered that he was alive until you felt two strong arms wrap around you and lift you off of Murphy's battered body.

"Shh Y/N.. It's over. I'm safe. You're safe."

"Oh god Bell, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. It's okay. You did what you had to do to protect me. I'll always love you Y/N"

With that I took one last look at Murphy, I boxed all my feelings away. We had work to do to get ready for the Grounders.