Chaperone P2

Bellamy's POV

"See you later, have fun." Octavia basically sings as she races across the lobby leaving me all by myself. Shortly after a herd of teens make their way by me. Oh god I already regret this. What the hell am I even supposed to do. I sigh and follow the mass of high schoolers further into the building.

They all line up outside what looks like the hotel's ballroom. I spot a couple other adults making their own little line left of the entrance. I maneuver through the swarm of kids and get to the little desk. A little woman standing behind it hands me a clipboard.

"Oh hello Mr.Blake." I look back at her again and realize that she is the woman from the office. "I know who you are so no need for ID, just sign here and I'll give you a badge." I do as she says and she hands me a lanyard with a laminated "Chaperone" card on it. "Thank you for volunteering your time."

I enter the spacious room and notice there are a ton of kids here already. A couple girls scoot past me and head for the dance floor. I move closer to the tables and out of everyone's way. I scan the floor trying to see if I can spot O. Some middle schoolers must of snuck in here because there is no way some of these kids are anywhere near fifteen. I notice a few other adults but they all seem to be women so hopefully I don't look creepy here on my own.

I then see a couple people enter from a side entrance. Two of them being (y/n) and Richards. They are all smiles as they chat, walking into the room. I quickly look away. So they are here together? They are with each other all the time, I guess it's a possibility. Ah damn now what?

(Y/N) POV

"Thank you so much. I never thought in a million years I would meet anyone as impressive as him, much less have him ask to use some of my pieces in his gallery. I mean some really talented people will have their work in there." I beam. He deep voices booms as he laughs.

"He is a old acquaintance of mine, so it was no trouble. I told you that you had skill. Now that big names will see what you can do, who knows what you have in store next." He replies with one of his warm smiles. "I don't mean to be rude but my wife is giving Mrs. Randolf the evil eye and we don't need a fight between those two." He explains and makes his way towards the punch table.

I sweep my eyes across the dance floor seeing if I can spot any trouble. After not picking up on anything my eyes land on a sort of familiar face.Oh the poor guy looks so awkward, Octavia must have talked in him to this. I can't help but smile as I walk over.

"Mind if I join you?" I guess I surprised him because once he looks at me, his eyes widen. I stop by his side and face the floor again. "So I see Octavia got you out of the house." Stating the obvious, wow.

"What?" He chuckles. It worked?!

"I have Octavia last period as you know and we talk about all sorts of things. You have come up a time or two and she mentioned you don't get out much."

"You two talk about me?" He looks down at me with a grin. He can't have a laugh like that and a sexy smirk. Is this guy for real? Am I getting Punkd', is that still a thing? "But yes, she mentioned this last week and talked me into it. I guess..."

I glance up because of the sudden stop and see him look absolutely bewildered. I follow his gaze and see a boy aggressively doing The Sprinkler. I laugh and get back his attention. "Don't worry that's just Jasper. He is a bit of a goofball but he is a good kid. He and Octavia are friends if you want to ask her yourself."

"I trust you." Now it's my turn to look confused. "Octavia has talked about you as well. I haven't heard a bad thing out of her. If she says you're a good person then I believe her." I blush and try focus on the kids. "She also mentioned you're really talented and that I should check out your work."

"Really?" I say far too quickly. He gives me another grin as he spots my blush. "Umm cool. We have discussed some of our favorite artists and she has some high standards so that means a lot." I say as a smile grows on my face.

"So where would I find your work, some gallery somewhere?"

"Oh my gosh you'll be able to soon actually!" I basically squeal. "I met an art collector recently who owns a couple galleries. He is opening a new one soon and asked to use some of my work."

"Oh sorry, that probably sounded arrogant. I just spoke to him yesterday so I'm still really excited."

Bellamy's POV

"Hardly. You worked hard and got noticed; you have every right to be proud of yourself. I was interested before but now I have to see them. I haven't been to a gallery in ages. I used to go to them with a friend of mine back in college."

"Wait what about a gallery?" Peeps a voice out of nowhere. "Oh my gosh did you get into a gallery?!" Octavia beams to (y/n). (Y/n)'s face lights up too and she eagerly nods. "If Bell is going then I'm going."What the hell are you doing?

"I think I get a few free tickets so I don't see why not."

"Awesome, we'll make set plans in class." She states as she heads back towards her friends.

"I couldn't just say no to her, I hope you don't mind?" She asks sheepishly.

I sigh, "I was hoping it would be just the two of us but she isn't going to listen to me, so why not. I'm the ride though so I make the plans. How about I give you my number and we can talk about it some more later?"

"Sure." She swipes her phone, pops open a new contact and hands me her phone. I type in my info and look up. I see O with the smuggest grin I've ever seen. I hit save and hand it back. "I'll definitely call you..." She pauses, "Bell."