May The Best Rebel WIn XXIII

It's a miracle that we're even still alive down here

It's a miracle that we're even still alive down here. For the most part we're just kids that did stupid shit and got locked up with no rhyme or reason. We only have what we were taught on the Ark to survive. (Which isn't a whole lot.)

We're making it, despite the fact that Mr. tall, dark, and broody has a ragtag group of officers to enforce the 'new laws' such as removing everyone's wristbands..(Although I highly doubt 'Whatever the hell we want' falls into the category of an actual law.) Now, I was sitting looking from afar as others traded in their bands for food. My stomach betrayed me as it grumbled.

"You know if you just give your bracelet you can eat?"

"Yea, it's not a big deal Y/N , you have to eat."

I shook my head and stood looking at my wristband. As I wandered away I sighed knowing I couldn't give it up. If I wasn't going to get food from the others I needed to get it myself. With a quick look around I snagged a makeshift knife before heading out of the camp.

On the Ark I was a good student, I excelled at many things, tracking, unfortunately was not one of them. Impulse had taken over and now a good hour later I was alone with nothing but the moon's faint light to guide me. Turns out you can't see shit with only moonlight. It didn't help that the sound of footsteps began approaching me.

I didn't wait to find the source. I was running before I knew it. Running blind wasn't the best plan, but it's all I could do. I powered through underbrush until something caught my arm pulling me down onto my back.

"Fuck!"

With my vision momentarily blurred from the force of my head hitting the ground I lay motionless a mix of fear and pain keeping me still. Blinking and shaking my head I looked up into the eyes of who had caused my fall.

"What the hell?!"

Pulling myself up I kept my eyes on the elder Blake sibling. His eyes held annoyance as he rolled them before slamming a hand over my mouth. He inched closer to me keeping a check on our surroundings and harshly whispered, "Shut up! Stay close, and keep your mouth shut." When I gave a nod he removed his hand and we walked silently to camp, thankfully without seeing grounders.

Once safely inside the camps walls he was the first to speak.

"Do you know how reckless this was? Why the hell would you leave the camp when after what's happened?"

I simply shrugged.

"Okay, that's how you wanna do this."

Bellamy huffed as he moved to stand in front of me his gaze burning my face as he grabbed my arms.

"What were you doing out there? Answer me this time!"

"God are you always this fucking controlling? I'm fine, you're fine, let's jus-"