[a strange day]

{Phil's POV}

After the whirlwind of a morning that today was I can only hope that it won't go even further downhill. My mind retraces the morning and I can't help but laugh a little at the craziness of it all. I knew my life was never normal, but this is a whole other level of weirdness. Its hard to imagine today through Dan's eyes. I mean, I thought today was strange for me, think about his perception of it all.

But here I am regardless, here I am, sitting in my bed, my arms wrapped around him. Its nearly 4 in the afternoon, yet he's asleep again. I'm scared to leave this time, only because of what happened the last time I left him alone. I know I'm being irrational, but I don't want to lose him.

Just as I'm about to doze off, my phone buzzes. I pick it up with a tired sigh and a hello.

"Hello Phil." An all too familiar voice asks. I wonder to myself why we haven't somehow gotten the police involved, but Dan, for some reason doesn't want that.

"What do you want?" I ask, finally tired and ready to get some rest. I refuse to get myself worked up over this.

"Did you like the little videos I left you two?"

"You are so screwed up."

"One day you'll learn that speaking to me like this has consequences."

"Yeah, okay." I say sarcastically, closing my eyes.

"Don't doubt me Lester. Remember I know more then you think. I see everything."

"Don't you have someone else to stalk or something? I'm trying to sleep."

"I'm not here to play games."

"Then say what you need to say and leave me be."

"Oh, I don't have anything to say, but I'll be sending you some things I think you might want to see."

"Okay, bye then." I roll my eyes, hanging up the phone. I know it was probably stupid to talk to a psychopath like that but I'm not in the mood to deal with him. I turn off the phone and put it back on the bedside table. I move closer to Dan, wrapping an arm around his waist and yawning. And for once I'm the one that can get some sleep.

When I wake up its nearly 7 and I feel worse then when I went to sleep. So much for a good nap. I notice that the bed is empty and get up, searching for the younger boy. I find him curled up on the couch with his laptop. "Hey bear." I mumble, kissing the top of his head.

"Hey." He mumbles, eyes not leaving the screen.

"When did you wake up?"

"An hour ago." He looks up at me with a smile and I can't help but smile at how adorable he looks. "Still tired though."

"We can just hang out till we fall asleep again."

"M'kay." He kisses me softly, making my heart flutter.

We end up relaxing on the couch for the next hour. I look up from my phone, smiling at how adorable my boyfriend is. On that note, just the fact that he's mine blows my mind. I'm so damn glad to have him back. Now I just have to wait for things to go back to normal.. Then I can propose like I've been meaning to for months. He just.. deserves the world, and I wish I could give that to him.

"You okay?." Dan asks, catching me staring.

"Hah, I'm just thinking." I say, snapping from my thoughts. I turn off my phone and move over, hugging him tightly. He squirms as my lips touch his neck, making me giggle. "You're cute."

"You're weird."

"Wow thanks." I roll my eyes, obnoxiously leaning on him.

"And annoying."

"Well I was trying to be." I giggle, moving his computer over and practically sitting on his lap.

"You achieved it. Now get off me." He pushes me and I move over.

"Come here then." I mumble and before I can even finish the sentence he tackles me against the couch. "Now you're the one on top of me."

"We both know I'm not the top in this situation though." He winks flirtatiously and we both start laughing.

"Wow." I giggle, wrapping my arms around him. "And I'm the weird one."

"Yes you are."

"Not the point." I sigh, not able to wipe the smile off my face. It's times like this that I forget about Dan's kidnapper who also stalks us and won't leave us alone. I forget that Dan really isn't okay, and neither of us are safe. I forget that there's a problem. Because in this moment, everything seems okay. But as I have noticed, nothing is as it seems to be. 

And before I know it both Dan and I are cuddled up on the couch, fast asleep.