[I missed you]

{Dan's POV}
My eyes slowly roll open, mainly because I'm soaking wet.

I jolt upwards, looking up at the dark sky and groaning. "Shit." I mutter, checking my watch for the time. It's almost 4pm.

Where did the time go?

I sit there for a second, having just woken up. I'm not really caring about the rain, seeing that I'm already soaked. I fumble for my phone in my pocket and try turning it on.

"Are you kidding me?" I roll my eyes whining to myself. The phone died, I fell asleep listening to music so I guess that's why.

Then I remember my life is a disaster right now, and Phil is probably worried because I've been out since before he woke up.

It wouldn't surprise me if he thought I was dead. I sigh, turning my head at the sound of someone running. Then there is that same guy that was outside the hospital. The fucking bodyguard.

God it was something about him, that face. I don't know where I know him from but the thought of it makes me uneasy.

"Daniel...Are you alright?" He asks in a deep voice, making my eyes widen.

That voice..

"Uh, I'm fine. Just call me Dan." I say, the mention of my full name making me weirded out. I hardly knew this guy.

"Good, good.." He mutters, staring at me for a bit too long.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask softly, trying not to sound put off by his strange behavior.

"Oh.. I just went looking and ended up here.." Something about the way he said it made me think otherwise. "Lets get you home okay?" He grabs my arm hard, making me pull away.

"I can walk fine." I snap, standing up and rushing forwards.

I just want to get home.

"Hey man, can you just like, text Phil and tell him I'm alright?" I ask, looking back, walking fast so I can get out of the crazy rain.

"Oh, yeah." He says like he won't, which scares me a bit. Something about the way he acts makes me worried.

Maybe I'm just freaking myself out.

I reach our place and grab my keys, unlocking the door. I rush in, slamming the door behind me. I sigh, leaning against the door behind me.

"Dan? Is that you?" Phil shouts from his room.

"Yeah!" I yell in reply, pushing myself off the door and walking into my room. I closed the door behind me, peeling the dripping wet clothes off. I was rummaging through my clothes for a shirt to wear when Phil walks in.

"You scared me." He says, looking like a pouty five year old. "I thought something happened to you. Where were you?"

"Calm down, I fell asleep at a park, with my phone on." I sigh, picking up a t-shirt and slipping it on. "So when I woke up, in the rain, I couldn't call you because my phone died."

"Oh.. Sorry." He looks down, embarrassed for being so worried about me. I honestly just found it adorable.

"It's fine, you were just worried." I smile at him, not wanting to mention the strange body guard just yet.

"Yeah, I mean.. I just really don't want to lose you again.." He starts to tear up, making me instinctively open my arms.

"Oh Babe.." I whisper as he leans into my arms, hugging me tightly. "I'm not going anywhere."

"But.." He says, fear pooling in his deep blue eyes. I let go of him, grabbing him by his hands and looking into his eyes.

"Listen to me. I'm here now. I'm okay. I promise." I say firmly, not breaking eye contact. "I'm not gonna leave you." I say, my voice just above a whisper.

He looks as if he is going to run off, or cry, or maybe even both. But instead he rushes forwards, wrapping his arms around me. I hear him sniffle, and I know there are tears in his eyes. "Phil.. It's okay." I mumble, and he lets out a shaky breath before speaking.

"I missed you so fucking much." He says, his voice strained. His words shock me, but his arms wrapped tightly around me make me realize, he is being honest. "God, I am so glad you are okay." At this point, he is biting back a sob, digging his face into my shoulder.

"Oh Baby.." I pull away, looking the poor boy in the eyes. "Its okay to cry you know." I mutter softly, noticing how much he is holding back.

"I just.. couldn't take it." He sobs, leaning back into my arms again. "I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat.. I didn't know what to do.. And you want to know the best thing?" He asks, and I know its probably some horrible thing, but I can't help but wonder.

"What?" I ask, pulling myself from his grip to look him in the eyes.

"I was going to kill myself the night I got that call, that you were found." He looks down, ashamed. I simply pull him in, the words striking at my heart.

"God." I shudder, kissing the top of his head softly. "Oh Phil.."

"I was sitting there, sure you'd never come back. I mean most people die after a week.. I knew that without you, life wasn't worth it." He says, his voice cracking in the middle.

"Babe.." I really didn't know what to say, but I tried my best to comfort him. "I'm so sorry.." I pull back enough to look him in the eyes. "But I'm here now, okay?" I smile sweetly at him, wiping a tear from the side of his face. He simply nods, leaning in until our foreheads are touching.

"This is why I missed you." He mumbles, close enough for me to feel his breath on my lips.

"Why?" I ask, watching his blue eyes glisten with tears.

"Because you make everything better. You make me so happy." He says it with the most sincere look on his face I can't help but smile. "And I love you so damn much Dan."

"Phil.." I say softly, blushing so hard it isn't even funny. "I love you too."

As the words leave my lips, he smiles, although there are still tears in his eyes. I love him so much. I am so grateful to have him. I mean, anyone else would've given up by now, I mean I'm a mess. Before I can even blink, his lips are on mine, lighting fireworks under my skin. I didn't realize how absolutely intoxicating his lips were.