[Seconds don't last]

{Dan's POV}
Shots ring in my ears and at first I think it's me, but my eyes flash across the room to a horrible sight. Phil grips his side, blood gushing from a gunshot wound. My boyfriend just got shot and it's my fault.

"Phil!" I shout sobbing my eyes out. He turns to me, grabbing a knife and cutting me free. Instead of fighting him, I rush to Phil's side. "Baby, Baby look at me." I whimper, my hands cupping his cheeks. "Phil, please, please..." I beg, shaking harder now. "Please look at me, stay with me." I look down at the wound and the blood, which is now all over my hands. I bite my lip, looking up at his pained expression. "Please don't leave me."

"Am I gonna die?" He asks softly, beaten up and bleeding. I bite my lip harder, shaking my head.

"No, baby you're gonna be okay. You'll be fine. Just stay awake, keep your eyes on me." I assure him, the tears falling from my eyes freely.

"I-I'm sorry." He stutters, my hands on the wound. I shake my head softly, looking into his blue eyes.

"No. Don't apologize, its going to be alright." I say quickly, and he grabs my hand, hardly believing me. "Please Phil, I can't lose you."

"I love you." he mumbles, and I can hear sirens, and doors opening.

" I love you too Phil, hold on. The police are here. You're going to be okay." I assure him, kissing his forehead. "We still have plans, you can't go anywhere now." I say, gripping his hand.

"Hands in the air!" I hear a man shout, and I sigh in relief, not taking my eyes off of Phil. I hear people talking but I refuse to bring my attention to anything else.

"I-I can't.." I hear Phil whisper.

"No no no. Baby. Phil. God, please don't."  I say frantically, panicking at the amount of blood and the color drained from his skin. "I'm sorry.. God I love you.." I choke out, watching helplessly as he struggles to stay alive.

"Paramedics!" I hear someone yell and in a few seconds someone else is at Phil's side. He is put on a stretcher and rushed out. I just stand in that damned cold room, looking down at the puddle of blood where Phil once sat. I can't break myself from my mind, I can't get myself out of here.

It's over. He was arrested, whoever he was.

I should get out of here, but I'm just standing here. I'm shaking and I look down at my hands, covered in blood. The room starts spinning and in a room full of police and paramedics, no one looks my way. I take a look around the room and suddenly feel sick to my stomach. I'm in shock, I don't know what to do. My mind keeps repeating, 'I can't lose him. God please..'

I'm broken from my mind by a hand to my arm.

"Dan?" An older woman asks, a paramedics outfit on. I don't answer but look her way so she continues. "Are you hurt?" I shake my head no, wiping my eyes and smudging red on my cheeks."Come with me honey." She says softly, leading me out of the cold building.

"Is Phil okay?" I whisper, unable to shake the sinking feeling in my stomach. I can't move, and it feels like my world is falling apart. The tears stop only because my mind is racing and I am too busy overthinking.

"He is being rushed to the hospital now." She says softly, not saying anything else until we get outside. "I just need to make sure you are alright before we let you go, okay?" She says sweetly and I can't say a thing so I just nod and let the woman do what she needs to. She doesn't seem to mind that I'm sitting there, staring down at my hands with silent tears falling from my eyes.. Then a familiar face comes up amongst the officers.

"Dan." Sarah, the police officer from last time walks up to me, smiling sadly. "Hey, We caught him." She says assuringly and I just nod, a sob escaping my lips.

For the first time since this happened, I break down crying. Instead of shocked, I'm hysterical. No one can calm me down at this point. Sobs rack my body, making me sick to my stomach. When I finally calm down enough to see, I feel lightheaded and a little out of my mind.

I can stand the thought of my life without Phil. I simply cannot do it. My mind is coming up with what my life would be like if he died. I can't do it.

"Calm down.. Its gonna be alright." She says, rubbing my shoulder and waiting till my breathing goes back to normal for the most part. "Hey, how are you?" Sarah asks, looking at me sadly.

"Horrible." I mumble under my breath, yet somehow she hears me.

"What is it?" She asks, putting a hand on my arm.

"P-Phil." I stutter, gasping for air, and breaking down crying again.

"Oh honey, He is strong, don't worry." She assures me and yet, I can't believe her.

"I h-have to." I choke out, unable to stop the tears.

"Honey, there is no use in going to the hospital now, he'll be in surgery." She says, looking to the paramedic who just finished up on me.

"But.." I think of protesting, but I'm too tired, and I just want to forget about all of this. "Okay."

"Here, take my number, call me when you wake up, I'll take you to the hospital." She hands me a card with her number on it and then realize I don't have my phone. "Oh, We found your phone too." She says, as if she just read my mind. She grabs my phone from her pocket and hands that to me too. "I'm guessing you need a ride home?" She asks and I nod my head, not wanting to say much, afraid I'd break down again. "Come with me." She smiles, leading me to her car.

Most of the drive is silent, other then my crying, until we reach my place. "Thanks." I mumble softly, looking to her.

"Its not a problem. Hey, if I find any information on Phil I'll call you alright?"

"Thank you." I answer, getting out of the car and turning to her.

"See you in the morning Dan." She waves and I close the door, walking to the front door.

I can't help but fear being alone, only after months and months of torture. I can't distract myself from the situation because everywhere I look is another memory. I look down at my bloody, dirty clothes and decide it'd be best to shower. I peel off the tattered clothing, turning the water on way too hot.

God what I would do to have Phil here right now. I wish we didn't fight. We never fight. Why today? Why him? Why not me?

I stay in the shower until the blistering water turns cold and finally decide to get out. I look at myself in the mirror, sighing at my reflection.

My curly wet hair, that if Phil were here would compliment. The fading hickeys on my neck that were made by him. The scars and bruises that bring back painful memories. I break my eyes away from my reflection, trying to forget todays events. I imagine Phil's hands on my hips and his arms holding me from behind. I close my eyes, letting myself forget for just a few seconds.

But seconds don't last.