24| Left Out

Harry's POV

Today is the beginning of Christmas break for us students. I was really excited because Louis thought I was coming down tomorrow. I may have lied to surprise him...

I already had my bag packed for the month I was off. The break would have been shorter but Christmas and New Years was back to back so UNI gave us extra time off. I said my goodbyes to Lark, Perrie, and Josh before hopping in the car for my 2 hour ride back.

On the way there I stopped and bought Louis' birthday present. I hoped he liked it as much as I did. After a tiring 2 hour drive and a gas stop I arrived in front of Louis'. I grabbed the small bouquet of flowers I bought him and got out of the car. When I got to the front door I knocked and waited until Louis opened the door dressed in his lazy clothes. "Harry? What are you doing here?" He asked surprised.

"Surprise!" I smiled as I wrapped him in a hug.

"I thought you were coming tomorrow?" He asked confused.

"Well I lied to surprise you... do you not want me here?" I frowned in disappointment.

"No, I missed you. I love you of course I want you here baby," he said as he kissed my lips softly. I handed him the flowers and smiled sweetly before we were rudely interrupted.

"Louis what's taking so long?" My eyes snapped to the guy towering over Louis but only 2 inches taller than me.

"Harry came to surprise me," Louis smiled at the boy.

"Who's this?" I asked feeling a little left out.

"Oh right! Harry this is Dane, he is my new partner remember?"

"Right, riiight. And, what's he doing here again?" I asked quite jealously.

"Louis and I were just having a bake off. Wanna join?" He asked unaware of my anger towards him.

"Sure, I'd love that," I replied a little stale.

Louis searched my eyes for any sign of discomfort but quickly grabbed my hand and didn't notice my jealousy.

Louis lead me into his familiar kitchen and I sat on the stool behind the bar-like counter.

"Harry is actually great at baking, do you want to show off your skills baby?" Louis asked with a big smile on his face.

"Nah I'll just watch," I answered quietly as I waved my hand off for them to continue where they left off.

Louis and Dane baked for an hour as I sat there watching in jealousy as they laughed and play fought. I didn't want to go in the living room or bedroom in case this Dan guy tries something with my Louis.

I sighed as I rested my face on my hand with a pout on my face and Louis seemed to notice as Daryl was icing cupcakes they made. Louis walked around the bar counter and stood between my legs on the stool. "Harry are you okay? I can ask him to leave if you want." Louis asked quietly with his forehead resting on mine.

"No, no. Go have fun, I don't want to ruin it." I smiled slightly as I pushed Louis towards the kitchen doorway. Louis came forward and pushed the curls out of my eyes then kissed my forehead sweetly.

"We won't be long. I love you Haz," he said as he walked back into the kitchen. I nodded and decided to go wait for him in his room. I changed out of my clothes and into some pajamas from my bag then settled into his bed.

An hour and a half later Louis still hadn't come in and I feel asleep. The darkness taking over my body.

-
Louis' POV

After Dane finished icing the last cupcake he smashed one into my face and I groaned and whined at him. "Dane! You just wasted one!! And now it's all over my shirt!"

He laughed as he swiped some off my face then licked it off his finger sexually. "Nasty," I commented as he smirked. I washed off my face in the sink and turned around to notice Harry gone. He must of gone to bed. I put the cupcakes onto the bar counter and Dane suggested we finish the brownie batter and throw it in before calling it a night. I agreed and spread the batter into the pan then threw them in the oven. We had to wait 35 minutes before they were done so we went into the living room and watched a show.

Dane kept looking at me throughout the 35 minutes. It was kinda creepy... I was watching the show when his hand rested on the inside of my thigh causing me to get up abruptly and brush it off like it was nothing. Just as I got up the oven dinged and I rushed into the kitchen. I slipped on an oven mitt and pulled out the pan then set it on the stove. I rubbed my face and turned around and bumped into Dane who was right behind me. He leaned in before I could process what was happening and almost grazed my lips when I placed my hand on his chest and pushed him away.

"I think you need to go," I whispered and he licked his lower lip awkwardly before whispering a small bye and leaving.

"Fuck!" I whisper yelled to myself as I left the brownies out on the stove and headed up to the room. Harry was all cuddled up sleeping on my bed cutely and soft snores were escaping his pink lips.

I smiled sweetly and grabbed a clean pair of sweats to sleep in. I changed into them and took off my dirty, icing covered shirt, folded it and put it in the basket then I climbed in bed with Harry and kissed his cheek then lips. He was so adorable. He snuggled into me as I got comfy then I turned to my side and switched off the lamp. I was so upset that there was almost a second kissing incident with Dane. I liked him as a friend and everything but I didn't want to work with him if he was gonna be a threat to Harry and I's relationship.

I kissed Harry's temple one last time and wrapped my arm around his waist before falling in a deep sleep.

-

Update ❤️❤️

Don't forget to Vote if you love this chapter! Ps sorry for any mistakes I was too lazy to go back and look.