8| Perfection

Louis' POV

Although I said it wasn't a date I kinda wish it was one. I mean, I haven't dated since my sophmore year of highschool. I never had really found my high school sweetheart like everyone else had. I didn't even fit in, I didn't drink or smoke or vape. I didn't party and come home drunk off my arse like my friends had.

I was good, but I wasn't enough because even all my friends found the person that matched their souls. I dated and my friends set me up on blind dates but all of the guys were either too cocky or not my type. Harry was...

Harry was beautiful. His mojo was mesmerizing, the way he carried himself was amazing. Even if he looked like chaos his personality shone through. I mean I was still hesitant on his messy habits, but I could see passed it and I was truly liking what I was seeing. He was funny, insanely gorgeous, cheeky, and shy. He was filled with sparkles and horrid jokes. Yet, he still managed to catch my attention, and that was impressive because I've never really cared for anyone except for Liam, my mum, and my sisters. I haven't seen them in a long time though, but back to my thoughts...

After I had dropped Harry off I had went home and made some tea while enjoying a good book. Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes to be exact (A/N good book btw you guys should read it), she is an amazing author. Every detail Jennifer describes when Nix and Claire touch sends shivers up my arms and thoughts of a pink lipped, curly haired boy. I shut the book deciding I had enough.

I have 4 more days to get through the week alive. I think I can handle myself well around my Harry. I mean.... Harry. Yeah, I definitely had enough reading.

I dressed into my night clothing, which took a minute, brushed my teeth, 2 minutes exact, and combed my hair, approximately 10 brush strokes with a good shake through. Then I clicked off my bathroom light and wrote down my agenda for tomorrow before clicking off the light and getting comfortable on the left side of the bed. You're always right with left.

-

Tuesday

It was raining. If you guessed I wasn't necessarily happy then you're right. First of all I went to bed with happy thoughts and now the weather is really killing my mood. I grabbed my green umbrella and left my flat to the first floor and down to the garage for my car.

When I grabbed my morning tea and a new cherry chaptstick I made my way down town and parked in back of the museum in my usual spot. One time this guy parked in my spot and I got my old friend Ronnie, who is a cop, to search the guy by his liscense plate so I could find him in the museum and politely ask him to move his car from my spot. He eventually did after he put up his arguement. I get all the spaces in the front were taken but c'mon... out of all spots he had to take mine? It has a sign in front of it that literally says Louis' spot. I had to make sure no one took it! Some people just don't understand OCD swear! It's obsessive compulsive disorder, I obsess over perfection, but you've probably figured that out already.

Here's some examples: I can only brush through my hair 10 times, I have to brush my teeth for 2 minutes exact. If I don't I have to start over. I can only park in my parking space for work or else I won't go in. I always buy a new cherry chapstick every other week on Tuesdays. My tea has to be from the cafe down the street and it has to be Yorkshire. At night I only drink chamomile. I have to fold my dirty clothes before putting them in the basket. I have to iron my clothes if one wrinkle is visible. I can't take a shower if I don't use lavender baby shampoo, weird I know, but it makes my hair the perfect softness and the chemicals aren't too harsh on my hair and scalp. My bed sheets have to be light pink or else I won't be able to fall asleep.

I know it's alot but once you get to know me it doesn't seem as weird. It's just my little routine and if someone doesn't agree with it then they can find the door and leave because I'm not judging their lifestyle. Unless they are a complete mess like Harold. Unfortunately he's a cute mess though, but he doesn't need to know that.

I made my way into the museum and dropped by Liam's office. "Hey Li, I'm present today."

"I can see that. Harry is waiting for you in the office," Liam wiggled his eyebrows and I lifted one of mine in question.

"Why did you wiggle your eyebrows?"

"Ohh nothing," He smiled as he went back to his computer.

I left his office puzzled and headed to mine and Harry's. When I walked in he was sitting with his chair facing the window while he stared intently out. I cleared my throat and he jumped in surprise then turned around with a blush creeping up to his cheeks. "Hey Louis," he said awkwardly.

"Hello. Liam said you were waiting for me?" I questioned him, his face scrunched up and an adorable look graced his face before he coughed and looked away.

"Um, n-no I wasn't. How was your drive this morning?" I squinted my eyes at his topic change but went along with it anyways.

"Fine, a lot of thinking on the way over."

"Oh what were you thinking about?" you,

"Just about my uh disorder."

"You have a disorder?" He asked in interest.

"Yeah, minor OCD," I shrugged. Yeah, minor. I mentally scoffed and sat down as Harry nodded.

"I figured, you do hate everything about my work area," He chuckled.

"I don't hate you!" I said.

"Uh Louis I was talking about my work space not myself," he trailed off awkwardly.

"Oh...um I- I mean I do hate your work area," I mentally cursed at myself and sunk down in my seat trying to hide my blush.

"It's okay, thanks for the reassurance though," I could hear the smile in his voice and I just wanted to grab his cute chubby face an-

I squeaked in embarrassment at my thoughts and coughed out a "No problem," before starting my work.

He's definitely going to be the death of me. If not finding my highschool sweetheart meant meeting Harry years later than I was okay with it. He added a flame to my unlit candle. Yeeeaah, totally lit now. No pun intended hehe.

-

1.1k words :) little bit longer of a chapter than usual today thanks to @pizzalover4life1234 for inspiring me to write another chapter haha!