CH 6||

CHAPTER 6

I had to go see the local priest the next day along with Minah and Jisoo It wasnt required to come but I wanted to be the best support. Namjoon came too, surprisingly. He could have just stayed back banging more women and it wouldnt have bothered me but him being here was very uncomfortable.

It felt like he would bribe the priest into not letting the marraige happen, he did seem like he had lots of money, unlike me, being a nurse in training didnt involve lot of money.

After talking to the priest about all the arrangements I headed out for lunch as it was lunch time and i was getting anxious about Namjoon. Of course Namjoon and I avoided talking to each other too much.

Out of the blue Minah said she wanted to watch a movie at the local theater. I wasn't feeling up for it because you could watch movies back in Seoul. I wanted to do more stuff Jeju. I  excused myself and walked away.
___

"What if Im going shopping? Will you hold my bags?" I asked.

"Of course! Still an exciting task compared to being a third wheel with Min-Soo"  he said with a slight chuckle as he realized he just gave them a ship name.. I just sighed and folded my hands looking out the window.

"So where you headed too?"
"Yeomiji" I stated dryly knowing that he wouldn't be into flowers. ( Yeomiji botanical garden)

"You into nature and flowers and stuff? Yeomiji is boring. How about Hallasan?" he said sounding all too excited, sabotaging your plans. ( Hallasan is a volcano on jeju island in South Korea 🇰🇷)

"We wont even make it to the top, finishing a 10km trip ( 6 miles)  requires a day atleast" I  said unimpressed. He tilted his head and stared straight ahead squinting his eyes and said something about helicopters. I didnt bother asking.

I went ahead with my plan of  going to Yeomiji. It was sooo pretty, I took so many pictures by myself  until Namjoon offered to take pictures of me too, i was alarmed at first but I agreed, I wanted pictures of myself with flowers around me. Slowly I got used to asking him to click pictures of me and I took pictures of him too. He actually was pretty funny when he posed.

I scrolled through the pictures in my gallery and laughed at how funny  most of his pictures had come out. I even set  the camera on one of the displays, setting a timer and took pictures of both of us together striking poses from movies.

He was actually a good guy until  I talked about morals and ethics and love in front of him, I realized.

I decided to just forget about his stringent beliefs against the things  I lived on and just enjoy the time we had in Jeju. I tried to look at the brighter side and decided to avoid any kind of discussion that could set the bomb ticking between us.

---

So after I was tired walking through the bright walkways of Yeomiji, I decided to head out for food. I was really in the mood for chicken today and he was also for it. We walked around looking for any kind of restaurant. In the end we found a small corner restaurant hosted by an elderly couple.

The old man at the desk greeted us so warmly as we entered. It wasnt anything grand when compared to the hotel we were staying at, but everything, the moment we walked in felt like home, even the aroma of the food from the kitchens was more homely rather than royal and I rooted for homely anyday.

It was quiet empty, there was a couple seated at one corner, talking in low whispers and a middle aged man sitting by himself. He chose a table very close to the kitchen. He always did that, I guess he hated looking for people who served at the tables when in the middle of eating.