CH 12||

Such a squishy joonie 💕💕💕

CHAPTER 12

"I dont even know what is taking you so long....just...Oh Gosh Hyeri-ya!! you are so damn complicated!" Minah said through gritted teeth.

"Isn't there a ball...lets just go have fun for now" I said, changing the topic and dragging her back inside. It had already began, people were twirling all around the ball room in pairs. Minah spotted Jisoo, Namjoon and Abeoji involved in a deep discussion in one corner of the room. We made our way towards them.

"Jisoo" Minah squealed like she always does, even if they were separated for a second, she would meet him back as if they had been apart for years. It made me feel like a proud mother. He immediately came over to her side taking her small waist in his arms and kissing her deep, they broke away and looked into each other's eyes, I stole a glance at Namjoon's face to see if he noticed the love. Sure he did, he pursed his lips and smiled to himself and caught me looking at him. I coughed and looked away immediately.

"Oh I forgot to tell you kids.." Abeoji began and everybody turned their attention to him "There are a lot of food platters on tables all around the hall, you can eat them as you dance, but the main dinner is later, with just a few close family and friends so dont eat to your fill okay" he said and excused himself, walking towards other guests.

———

"Ya Namjoonah...arent you going to ask your wife for a dance?" Minah teased Namjoon. I gave her a death glare. Namjoon looked down embarassed. "I really can't... dance!" he confessed.

"No shut up! Everybody can dance in a ballroom" Minah said but he just shrugged, before Minah could insist further, I broke the tension.

"I'm going towards the other side...I'm definitely going to find someone to dance with" I said happily and pranced away, escaping from the awkward situation! ha...ha... awkwarddd

The energy of the people dancing on the other side was also much higher, they were all the younger people of town probably. I carefully observed all the ballroom moves at first. It was basically that one routine after which you changed partners, it was pretty simple. I mentally marked the steps and kept looking until this guy randomly walked up  and greeted me.

"You mind joining in?" He asked offering his hand to me and I took it excitedly, joining in with the maddening crowd. All these people were so much fun and so humble to talk to. Most of them asked me a lot of questions about where I was from and how come they havent seen me before and stuff. A lot of them would even ask if I was single, I would instantly tell them that i was taken.

No, it had nothing to do with Namjoon. I just never felt that meeting random people at parties and hooking up with them was a good idea. For example, if these were guys I would be seeing in a regular basis, like at my workplace or neighborhood, then I would tell them I was single. But people at parties like these are usually looking for a hot night of s*x which wasnt my style so I would just say that I already had a boyfriend just to ward off the creeps.

I realized that I must have been looking exceptionally pretty tonight because almost every guy that danced with me wanted to know if I was available. Each time I said no, my eyes instantly darted around the entire hall room, looking for Namjoon. I sure was having fun dancing while enjoying light, sweet conversations, but I felt uneasy.

My brain chose the worst timing to be an untamed little prick. I couldnt help but notice how pretty the other girls in their beautiful flowing gowns looked themselves and Namjoon was a walking chick magnet. I started hyperventilating.