Chapter fifty-four

•Brook's POV•

"Meet me at my house in 10mins. Bring ur defence stuff with u"
"Ok" I replied.

Wait. It's not a dream. It's really happening. I actually got this text from Nick. What is going on?

"Nick what the hell is going on?" I said as soon as he picked up instead of sending a text like I did in the dream.
"You have ten minutes to be there. Joey is coming. You're gonna leave."
"Why are you awake at fuckin' two am?!"
"No time to explain. Now get your ass up from bed and come."

I'm really anxious about what's going to happen. I hid my pepper spray in my black leggings and my pocket knife in my bra underneath my black hoodie and two kitchen knifes in my boots. It's the only "defence stuff" I have anymore.

I went down the stairs carefully not to wake up anybody and left through the back door because it makes less sound than the front door.
"Nick I'm on my way. Though you know I don't have the gun anymore right?" I asked him when he picked up.
"Shit. You don't have it? Well I have only one. Please tell me you have a knife at least." He begged.
"Yeah."
"Ok I'm waiting for you outside." He hung up.

When I arrived at Nick's house he told me he couldn't sleep not knowing I was safe so he texted Joey and told him to come meet him. I hope Joey's going to be alone because he's already strong on his own, so if there's someone else with him it's going to be twice as hard as him alone. But he's not the kind of person who needs a backup I guess.

"Here they are, waiting for me like two dumb fucks." Said Joey as he walked towards us.
"Look we're not here to make a problem. I just wanna talk to you like civilized people about leaving your gang." I said calmly. Well I was trying my best to remain calm.
"Princess." He chuckled. "If you think it's gonna be that easy." He pointed at Nick and I while laughing. "You're dreaming." He finished.
"Why? Why does it have to be crazy and violent and shit like that? Why can't we find an agreement that works for both of us?"
He sighed.
"Come on man you know she's right." Nick said.
"You stay out of this!" He snapped.
"Joey.. can't I just be a part of your past? And go on with our lives? Isn't it better this way?" I asked trying to convince him but damn it he's more stubborn than me.
"Like you're a part of his past? Like you just left him? You never talked to him again? You think he forgot about you like you forgot about him? Well you're so damn wrong! He's not over you! And if I'm doing any of this it's revenge for him!" And when I saw him walk closer to me, I understood who he was talking about.
"If Nick has to stay out of this than he stays out of it too!" I was becoming weak. I just wanted to run, to leave town again but I couldn't do this to my family. I was going to stay strong for them!
"Why? You just can't handle seeing Zac broken like you left him? Well deal with it!"
"So all this at Mexico was revenge for him? All the sweet talk.. and our kiss? It was for him?" I raised an eyebrow at Joey and glanced at Zac.
"He- he was supposed to break you heart like you broke mine! But you don't have one!" Zac yelled but it came out weak.
"Are you sure about that Zac? Did he tell you this or is it just what you assumed?"
"If you don't shut up I'm gonna shoot!" Joey yelled and pulled out his gun towards me.
Brook stay calm, stay caaalm. Breathe in and out, in and out.
"If you shoot I'll shoot too!" Nick said and pulled his gun out towards Joey.
I was about to cry. I didn't want Nick to die. I didn't want to die. I didn't want to see someone die in front of me. I just wanted to go home.
"You wouldn't shoot me." Joey sighed.
"But I would." And this, I wasn't expecting it at all. Zac pointed his gun towards Joey.
"Zac what the fuck are you doing?!!" Joey yelled.
"What I should have done a long time ago."

.....And a gun fired.