Chapter twenty-two

•Brook's POV•

I woke up next to Zac. I took my phone and saw it was 9:03. Well fuck, we're late. I woke Zac up and he jumped a little.
"What am I doing here?" He asked with his sexy morning voice.
"I don't know.. How did we even get here?"
"Oh.. I think I remember." He said rubbing his eyes.
"You're gonna tell me on our way to school. Want a T-shirt from Ty's? I also have a new toothbrush in my bathroom." I told him.
"I think he hates me enough.."
"It's okay." I said as I went to Ty's room and took a T-shirt.

We got dressed, ate breakfast really quick and were now on our way to school.
"So?" I asked him.
"So..." Zac smiled at me and intertwined our fingers together.
"Tell me what happened."
"We were smoking.. A LOT.. And then you were feeling dizzy so I carried you and took you home. I waited till' the lights were off to take you inside and I fell asleep next to you.. It's all." He said as he looked at his feet.
"Thanks Zac." I smiled at him and hugged him tight. After the hug, he kissed my lips and I kissed back.
We were interrupted by Zac being pulled away from me and being punched in the face. He held his cheek and stormed off.
"Brook, maybe mom is telling you she doesn't care about what you do but I do, actually I came looking for you.. And I know I haven't been around lately but-" I cut him off.
"Ty just stop right here. You don't have to care about what I do. You don't even have to be around. Hell, you know what, you don't have to act like my brother anymore. Just leave me alone and everything will be fine. I don't need you or mom and dad to tell me what to do. I'm not a kid anymore Tyler, I can take care of myself." I said as I started walking to school.
He stopped me. "Brook, maybe you don't realize this but you need us more than anything right now. Thins have been rough and I don't want you to be in trouble like in New York. Please Brook let me help you. Let me be your brother.." He looked down.
"As I said before, thanks for the proposition but I'm fine on my own. Plus, I have Zac."
"Zac is nothing but trouble. I don't get how you can be with him after what he did."
"Life's a bitch I guess." I said and left.

A part of me knew that Ty was right. But I didn't want to believe it. I was finally feeling good and things were perfect with Zac. He understood me.

I finally arrived at school and took my books for second period. I got to class and took the empty seat between Zac and Dylan.
"Fuck you..." Dylan mumbled.
"Hello to you too sunshine." I rolled my eyes at him.

School was finally over for today. It was a pretty long day. Probably because I was waiting for it to end so badly.

Zac and I were now in the park, sitting on the same place as yesterday, smoking the same shit as yesterday and feeling as good as yesterday. Smoking and being with him: these are the little prefect moments in my life that I want to remember for ever and ever. When we were done relaxing, he walked me home since I was too high to walk by myself and left because of my parents and brother. He didn't even come in. I guess he wasn't welcomed here anymore...

It was now time to face reality. I opened the door, and mom, dad and Ty were all eating dinner. They all stared at me. I said hi and goodnight to all of them and went to my room. When I saw myself in the mirror, I understood why they looked at me like they did. I had bloodshot eyes and I literally looked like crap. Too bad.

I took a quick shower and went to bed. Just when I was starting to fall asleep. I heard a noise coming from outside. Then I got a text from Dylan.
"Open your window."
Wow, okay..

I opened my window and Dylan came into my room.
"Before you kick me out I want to apologize for how I've been acting lately." Dylan started.
"It's okay. You have the right to be mad. I should be the one apologizing Dylan. I've been nothing but a bitch.."
"Hey but that's how I like you." He smirked. "As you truly are." He continued.
"You're so sweet. But look I'm with Zac now and-" he cut me off.
"I know Brook, you're with Zac and I respect your choice. I just want you to know that I'm gonna keep on waiting for you because I really think we can be something amazing together. But I'm not gonna wait for a long time. Just a little bit. So maybe, one day, we'll be together?" He said unsure.
"Maybe." I smiled at him. "Friends now?" I asked.
"Sure, why not."
He shook my hand and left.

I went back to bed and slowly fell asleep.