Chapter fourty-two

•Brook's POV•

He kissed me! What the hell am I supposed to say to Dylan?? We're not together but almost.. Though I still can't believe it was that easy to get rid of Joey. It was almost.. Too easy? Oh no. He has something on his mind and I don't even want to think about it. I know his ideas and they're fucked up. For now I'll forget about him. Tomorrow is the trip so I should be good for at least a week and a half.

I am now headed towards Dylan's place to make sure he's okay. I would've texted him but I didn't bring my phone.
After knocking on his door a few times, he finally opened it.
"Brook thank God you're okay." He said relieved and hugged me really tight.
"Yeah I'm okay no need to kill me now." I joked.
"Don't say that." He said and pulled away so that I could breathe.
"So what happened when I left?" He asked.
"Nothin' much."
"Brook tell me what happened." He said sternly.
"He kissed me." I looked down.
"What?! You let him? Did you kiss him back?"
"It's not important. But now he said he's gonna leave us alone and leave for New York tomorrow." I said excitedly trying to change the subject.
"And you're stupid enough to believe him?! He kissed you! He's not leaving any time soon."
I sighed and ran my hand down my face.
"It didn't mean anything. I promise." I said running my hand down his arm.
He took a step back.
"You kissed back didn't you?"
"Yeah, I did." I sighed.
"Tell me you're kidding please." His eyes became red.
"But it didn't mean anything!" I raised my voice.
"Fuck off Brook." He slammed the door and I stood there looking like an idiot.

I went home, hid everything that needed to be hidden, burned the letter and put on a workout outfit. I'm going to the gym to forget about what happened with Dylan. I'm really not in the mood of his drama now. I would've understood if he got a little mad, but this was more that a little. It's not like we're even together yet. I was hoping the trip would make us closer. I guess we'll see.

I was putting on my running shoes- I thought it would be a good idea to run to the gym since it's not that far and I need to practice my cardio- when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and saw Dylan standing there with his hair all messed up.
"What's up with your hair?" I joked.
"Look I'm sorry. I overreacted. I'm just afraid of loosing you. Can you blame me?" He said.
"Yeah you overreacted." Was the only thing I managed to say.
"Please forgive me?" He held my hand and rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.
I looked at his blue eyes and got lost. They were more grey than blue today and looked like the sky on a rainy day.
"I forgive you." I said and hugged him. He put his hands on my waist and we stayed like that quite a moment.

We were now sitting in the living room.
"Wanna go to the gym with me?" I asked and got up.
"Sure just let me change." He said and started walking towards the door.
"You have clothes here remember?"
He chuckled and went upstairs. A few minutes later he was downstairs.

"Your parents didn't say anything about the drawer where my stuff is?" Dylan asked curiously.
"They don't know about it. Why?"
"Just wondering. Come on let's go." He said and put his hand on my lower back.
"I wanted to run to the gym. You down?" I asked.
"Of course baby." He smirked.

The run to the gym was way longer than what I've imagined. It was at least four miles. Anyway, when we arrived to the gym we decided to chill a little before working out because we were really tired.

"Hey bro." I heard from behind me. I recognized the voice but was hoping it wasn't him.
"Hey Nick." Dylan replied.
"What's up Brook? Long time no see." Nick said. What's wrong with him? He thinks he can just mess with me than talk to me? Hell nah.
"I'll be outside." I whispered in Dylan's ear and left.

•Nick's POV•

She left just like that.. I was hoping I would be able to talk to her. I have to tell her the truth. It's killing me! But even if I tell her I know she won't believe me. She's so stubborn.

"Look Dylan I know you're probably mad at me but you have to convince Brook to talk to me. It's really messed up but I'm not the bad guy here. Man we've been friends forever you have to believe me."
"Fuck off man." He said and started walking away.
I grabbed him by his T-shirt. I couldn't control myself anymore.
"Please Dylan! You have to trust me!!" I yelled and the next thing I saw was his fist flying in my face. He was strong but I was a fighter. I've always been. I punched him back and made him fall on the floor. I straddled him and punched him one more time.
"Dylan!!! You have to fuckin' trust me! I love her! I would've never hurt her on purpose but shit happened with Joey! You're a brother to me, you have to help me. Please!!!"

"Stop it guys!!!!" I lifted my head and Brook was standing there looking pissed.
"Brook please listen to me. I have to talk to you, please Brook it's important." I was now standing in front of her begging for her to let me explain.

She walked past me and helped Dylan up.
"Are you okay?" She asked him.
"Yeah I'm fine. Let's leave."

"Broooook!!! Please let me explain!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.
And with that they just left. They fucking left!!
I can't fucking take it anymore. I've been trying to talk to her for like a month now and she doesn't want to. I love her. I've never loved anyone that much. And she just left me like that! I know I betrayed her but if only she knew the truth.. She would be thanking me for "betraying" her.

At that moment, standing there alone in the gym, I wanted to cry. I felt my eyes water so I took my stuff and left. I know what I'm gonna do tonight: drink.

•Dylan's POV•

There was blood all over my face but there was one thing I couldn't get out of my head "I love her." "I would've never hurt her on purpose but shit happened with Joey." I couldn't get these words out of my head. Maybe he was saying the truth.. But then what about me? Brook would just leave me and go back with Nick. I have to tell her the truth. At least I won't hate myself for the rest of my life if I tell her. Or maybe she heard what he said?

"Dylan are you okay?" Brook asked with concern in her voice.
"Did you hear what Nick said about you?"
"No, what did he say??"
"I'll tell you everything when we get home. My head is killing me right now."
She hugged me tight. We were waiting for the bus because there was no way I would be able to walk home.
"You know what, I don't even wanna know." She said.
"But I have to tell you. I would hate myself forever if I kept it to myself."

And that was true. I would hate myself knowing that she should be with Nick but is with me because of a lie. And she would hate me too.