Heads Will Roll

Sharna winced at the text Mandy had sent in the group message.

Nobody's safe.

It was true, the pro's performances had really been lacking lately, to a reason unknown to all of them. All they knew was that their dancing was borderline the worst they had ever done, and that Mandy was mad.

"You ready?" Val asked her as she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Yeah. Did you see the message?" Sharna started buckling her seatbelt.

"Yeah..." Val inhaled sharply, but then chuckled to himself, obviously trying to mask his nervousness. "Some heads are going to be rolling, that's for sure."

"Mine for certain." Sharna mumbled.

"No it won't." Val truly laughed this time and laid a hand on her leg.

They finished the car ride out in silence and when they parked, they took shaky steps inside. Once all twelve dancers got there, heads indeed started rolling.

"You are the best of the best." Mandy started out, pacing back and forth of herself. "You need to prove it. Do you not understand how long it took all of us, myself included to get here? Remember all those long nights and early mornings? You all put in the work, and now I can't see it. Your performance is lacking, your emotion in your dancing, your work ethic, you and I all don't put in the hours for results like this, and I have half a mind not to fire all of you."

Sharna gripped onto Val's hand when she said that.

Everyone at this point was slightly misty eyed and nervous. This was uncharted territory.

"But I'm not going to fire any of you, I'm just going to make some rearrangements to our cast, if you will."

Everyone indeed tensed up at this.

"I'd check the board if I were you." Mandy said under her breath. "But that is all, step up your game, though." She halted her pacing and clapped her hands.

All the dancers quickly rushed out of the room and ran to the bulletin board that was outside in the rehearsal lobby where the choreo Bibles were kept.

The cast members were changed. Who was a pro and who wasn't had been selected.

Sharna ran her finger down the list and sighed at her name. "I told you, Val. My head was going to roll."