Houston

"HOUSTON, WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!" Sharna yelled into her cell phone.

"Houst...what? What's going on, Babe?" Val asked.

"Come to my place...NOW."

"Alright, Shar. On my way, is everyone alright?"

"Not really."

Beep beep beep

The line went silent. She hung up.

Val deeply exhaled and got into his car.

"God, please make everyone's okay. Please." He said a silent prayer as he turned to her apartment complex.

"SHARNA! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!" Val shouted through the apartment.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw her in tears on her bed.

"What's going on, Shar?"

"Bad news...really bad news."

"What happened?"

"I got fired."

"FROM THE SHOW?!"

"No, from my side job. Now I don't know how I'm going to have enough money for rental."

"You have a side job? Since when?"

"How long have you been on the show?"

"Season one."

"How long have I been on?"

"Season one."

"There's your answer."

"YOU'VE HAD A SIDE JOB ALL THESE YEARS AND NEVER TOLD ANYONE?! OH MY GOSH, SHARNA, WE WOULD'VE HELPED YOU, WE WOULD'VE KEPT YOU FROM WORKING YOURSELF SO HARD!"

"And I couldn't have asked you to do that. My money issues are my issues, not anyone else's."

"Here, how about this..." He reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out a wallet. "How much is rent?"

"NO, VAL!"

"Sharna, look, I'm helping you, alright?"

"I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP! I DON'T WANT ANYONE'S HELP! I DON'T WANT TO SEE PEOPLE'S PITY!"

"Sharna. Look at me." He put his hands on her shoulders. "Tell me you're okay."

"I'm fine."

"Look me in the eye!"

She looked up. "Truthfully, I need your help."

"I know how hard that was for you to admit, Babe." Val pulled her into his arms. "Let me help you." He whispered.

"I will."