War

// Parter Switch up AU, Please don't hate me, it was just an idea I had! Thanks! Love y'all! 😘❤ //

"Welcome back, Ballas." Sharna sneered at Mark when he showed up for G.M.A. Pro Reveal.

She was family with every other cast member, but Mark placed a knife to her back once, and got forgiveness, stabbed a knife to her back again, still got forgiveness for whatever reason, and the third time Mr. Ballas threw a knife into Sharna's back, she was done forgiving him. She was done giving in to his begs for Mercy.

She was done.

"Well, Burgess, it seems you still don't have a Mirrorball to your name, eh?" Mark snapped back.

It's about your partner's journey, don't let him go to your head. Sharna thought to herself.

"Ballas..." Sharna shook her head.

"What, Burgess, you have nothing else to say?"

"Nope." She shook her head once more and sat down next to her boyfriend, Val.

After laying her head on Val's shoulder for a hot second, they were all called to get wired with microphones for filming.

"Why do I feel this microphone is catching my heartbeat?" Sharna chuckled to Val. She gently touched the microphone the crew had wired to the collar of her dress.

"Babe, what are you nervous about? Ballas can't and won't hurt you, and on top of that, smile! It's the 25th season, a landmark! Make it a good one." He smiled at her.

"You're right." Sharna let Val take her hand as he lead her to the chairs on the stage.

"And welcome to Good Morning America...!" After that, the rest of the show was a blur of nervous anticipation yet excitement as well.

That all stopped when Sharna heard her name called.

"Sharna Burgess, you will be paired up with Jordan Fisher, best known for his appearances in Broadway's Hamilton."

Sharna got to go greet her partner as all the pros got to, and she gave him a big hug. She was always like that with all of her partners.

The host chuckled and the reveal went on. They learned Mark Ballas was to be paired with Lindsey Stirling, and Val was to be paired with Victoria Arlen. They would come to be known as team Stark and team ViVa.

In the blink of an eye, Val and Sharna had finished all their interviews and were back in the car.

"Someone's happy." Val laughed and grabbed her hand across the center console.

Sharna laughed. "Yeah, yeah I am."

~~Fast forward to Finale!~~

This was it. It was down to Sharna and Jordan, Mark and Lindsey.

If he were to win, it would be validation for his "Well, you've been here for almost ever and you have nothing to your name, right?" claim.

If she were to win, it'd prove him wrong. That's a lot on the line.

"...JORDAN AND SHARNA!" Tom yelled into the microphone.

Jordan attacked Sharna with a hug before Sharna could even process what the heck was going on.

Even after that, everything was a blur. Press interviews, flights, GMA again, everything was a blur.

After the final interview the next day, Sharna wrote out a message and put it on her Twitter.

You won the battle, but I won the war.