One A.M. Dinners

I came home from rehearsals, utterly and completely exhausted inside and out. 

I ultimately decided that I was heading to bed right then and there.

As climbed the staircase as quickly as I could, considering how much dancing I had done that day, I was pretty sore.

"Babe?" I heard my husband, Sasha's, voice come through the hallway.

"Hi, I'm home." I whispered. "I thought you'd be asleep by now, no?" I turned the corner to where he was.

"I can't go to sleep until I know that you're home and that you're safe. Late night rehearsals worry me, Em." He chuckled lightly and pulled me into a hug.

"Well, I'm back now, and I'm safe, so go to sleep, you need it." I smiled.

"You do too."

I nodded and started walking towards the bathroom to brush my teeth and whatnot.

"Wait, Princess, did you eat anything?" Sasha stopped me before the toothpaste touched my teeth.

"No, but--"

"No," He cut me off. "Not going to fly with me. You need to eat."

It isn't like I could argue with his perfect and loving logic.

Sasha grabbed my hand and walked down the steps, leading me to the kitchen.

"Here." He had reached into the fridge and handed me a plate with a layer of aluminum foil covering the top of it.

"Thank you." I unwrapped the foil to see grilled chicken, asparagus, and white rice.

"I had made dinner, and made you a plate for when you got home." Sasha explained.

"Thank you so much, for just, looking out for me." I smiled and kissed his lips.

"Of course, Emma. What kind of husband would I be if I didn't look out for you?"

"You'd still be great because you're you."

"I don't think so." He laughed as we both sat down at the table.

Dang, did food taste good right then? Even if it was one a.m.

"How was your day, Em?"

See, we always did that too. Ask each other about our days.

"Good. Nothing horrible, but nothing great. It was just...a day. A long, exhausting day." I nodded and put my plate in the dishwasher.

"Well, lucky for you, you've eaten now, which is important, and I have my piece of mind knowing you're safe, so yes, now we can both get the sleep we desperately need."

"Yay." I said as happily as possible, being this sleep deprived, as I followed Sasha back upstairs, brushed my teeth, put on some sweatpants, and crawled under the covers.

"Goodnight, My Love." He whispered and kissed my forehead as I curled into his chest as always.

"Goodnight. I love you."

"I love you more."