Haruka x Swimmer!Reader ~{Eyes on You}~

Title: Eyes on You
Anime: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (cuz I didn't watch Eternal Summer)
Character: Haruka Nanase

This is dedicated to Otome4life for being the birthday girl and a fantabulous friend!!! 

I've never been on a swim team, so I have no idea how things work :') so I'll try mah best for this to be as relatable as possible.

---------

You groaned as rolled out of bed and face-first into the floor at 5:30 AM. The worst part about being on the school swim team was getting up so early in the morning for practice.

You yawned through the stretching routine. You just simply couldn't wait for the freezing cold water to wake you up completely. 

"Alright, kids. Regionals are in two weeks. We need to train hard and--" A splashing sound interrupted the coach's speech. You tilted your head sideways to see the ever water-obsessed boy, Haruka Nanase, already floating on his back in the pool without a care in a world.

The coach sighed, "Warm up for ten minutes." He then headed to the change rooms to get his training plan for the day.

"Oh my gosh! Look at those biceps and abs!" Somewhere behind you, Gou squealed not-so-quietly. 

You pouted in slight jealousy. Sometimes you wished that not so many people can see your boyfriend topless all the time. You dived into the pool while others continued stretching. You did freestyle for one lap, then back crawl. As you did the breast stroke, a force suddenly dragged you to the deep end by your waist, away from the rest of the team.

You nearly choked on water from surprise, but you held your breath when you saw a mop of dark blue hair flow by your eyes. Once you got to the deep end, you quickly grabbed the wall and pushed up for a breather. 

Haruka emerged from the water and pushed his soft, wet hair away from his face, making you blush. You noticed that he didn't have his swimming cap or goggles on. He looked at you with his unblinking blue eyes and took your hand from underwater. 

In monotone, he asked, "Are you sick? You're not embracing the water as you usually are."

You sweatdropped, not knowing how he could tell such a thing. Haru once bluntly told someone that they didn't make the swim team because "the water didn't like them."

You mumbled your confession about disliking that everybody can see him topless all the time, as dumb as it was to be jealous of that since he was a swimmer. 

A small smile appeared on his face as he countered, "I'm the one who should be jealous. Do you know how tight the girls' swimsuits are?" A light pink dusted his cheeks, and he pulled you closer to him. You could feel his body heat against yours. 

"Yo, you two! Take your lovey-doviness somewhere else! Don't rub it in us single people's faces!" A teammate teased from the shore upon seeing you two so close together.

You quickly grew embarrassed, but Haru nonchalantly replied, "I lost my cap and goggles. I'm just asking (Y/N) to help me find them."

With that, he held your wrist and dived down. Luckily, you reacted fast enough to take a breath. Indeed, Haru's swim cap and goggles laid, slightly swaying from the water, on the bottom of the pool. 

You swam further down and easily scooped up the two items. Before you could get back to the surface, Haru took the items from your hand, then pressed his warm lips against yours. His hair tickled your face, and you smiled against the kiss.

Soon, your lungs began to burn. You poked his collar, signaling him that you literally needed air. His grip on you loosened and you hurried to the surface. 

"Hahh!! I almost died!" You panted, hard, and held onto the wall. Beside you, Haru trod on the water while waiting for you to recover. You couldn't fathom how he could hold his breath for so long. 

The sun peeked out from the clouds, shining a warm sunray onto your beautiful skin. The water droplets only making you look more irresistible. When you turned to him, Haru stole another peck with a hue on his face. 

Before your stunned brain could muster a response, the coach came back out and yelled for everyone to assemble at the front. 

Haruka put on his cap and goggles, then smiled at you and whispered softly, "I've got my eyes on you, (Y/N), and only you. I hope you feel the same way for me, too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 26, 2017 HBD KATIE

I skipped school today to go downtown with a group of friends xD #rebel 

jk it wasn't an important day. Exams are already over, I don't even know why today was a regular school day. Anyway, in my genocide class, only two students even showed up, so it's okay.

SUUMMMMMEERRRR

Now I have more time to watch anime !

And The Backyardigans !

Reach me outside of Wattpad:

Quotev - LilyWzy14

Kik - lilywzy14

Instagram - seika_akashi

QuizUp - Lily Z. Wzy