Midorima x Reader ~{Locker #0707}~

Title: Locker Number 0707
Anime: Kuroko no Basket
Character: Midorima Shintarō
----------------------------

"Alright! You ready for the dare of the year, (Y/N)?" Your best friend asked enthusiastically at the beginning of your first year in Shūtoku high.

"Bring it on." You reply, matching her mood as she led you to the shoe lockers. Since neither of you knew anyone in the school yet, it didn't matter that names were tagged onto the lockers.

"Pick a random locker in here." She instructs.

"Hmm...." You scan the row of neat lockers in the secluded area, "That one."

You point to locker number 0707, "So, what's the dare?"

She grinned sinisterly at you, "Make whoever's locker that is fall in love with you by the end of this year."

You smile confidently as you flip your hair in her face, "No problem."

You then took a look at the name tag on it: Midorima.

A week later, you sighed, who knew you chose the grouchiest carrot in the world to fall in love with you? You observed him for a week and all you've ever saw him doing is study and practice basketball.

How dull, is he really a teenager?

But you've also noticed that he takes random items to school everyday, you heard him saying those are his 'lucky items' whenever someone asks. You let out an exasperated sigh, why is he so weird?!

Nevertheless, you have never backed down from a dare before, and you don't intend to break your perfect streak of completing (B/F/N)'s unreasonable dares. 

"Hey, are you Midorima-kun?" 

He looked a little surprised when you approached him out of nowhere, he eyed you suspiciously before nodding.

You showed him a friendly smile, "(L/N) (Y/N). I'm not that good with directions and I'm completely new to this school. My teacher told me I can ask you for help, since you're responsible and a second year."

When you said a teacher recommended him, he couldn't refuse. Although he thought you were a nuisance, he hesitantly agreed, "Alright, meet me after school nanodayo. I can show you around for about twenty minutes before I go to practice."

"Thank you so much." You bowed while he walked away. You rolled your eyes at his back, not only did he have a weird personality, but he also spoke weirdly.

You were barely able to talk to him while he showed you around the campus since he's such a silent and grumpy radish, but you were very glad you followed him to practice and sat on the bleachers the entire time.

You easily befriended the entire Shūtoku basketball team, which gave you excuses to visit their practices in order to see Midorima more. Several times, you caught him glancing at you from the corner of his eye. Maybe it was curiosity, but you'll make sure it'll soon be of a different reason.

Half way through the semester, you were finally considered Midorima's friend. He confirmed it himself with a red face while Takao laughed at him. You beamed at him happily, internally shouting victory.

You watched as the basketball team practiced. You've been more and more aware of it lately, but Midorima really is pretty amazing when it comes to basketball. His three-pointers never ceases to amaze you and his fast pace despite being a shooter. Sure, he may be a boring horoscope-freak carrot, but he's really focused and great at what he does, and...

Before you knew it, you started to mentally excuse his flaws.

Nobody's perfect. But he's pretty darn close.