Haruka x Reader ~{Promise me}~

Title: Promise me
Character: Haruka Nanase
Anime: Free!
---------------------

10 years old

You tried to hold back your tears as you stood in front of Haru's room while he went to get you (F/D). You've only received news three days ago that your family's moving to (C/N). You didn't have any guts to tell your best friend until you're leaving tomorrow.

You've known each other since you were four years old, and he's always been obsessed with water.

"Goodbye, Haru...." You murmured to yourself as you take in his room one more time.

"What? Where are you going?" You hear his quiet voice ask behind you, the sound of a glass being set down on the table was heard before he walked up to you.

"Are you leaving...? Where are you going?" the shy boy swung your hand childishly.

"I have to go to (C/N)." You sniffled, "I don't know if I'm c-coming back...."

You were about to break into sobs until he hugged you around the waist and made you lie down on his bed. He looked at you with determination, then puffed up all his courage and pecked you on the lips.

"Y-You're d-definitely coming back! B-Because you're mine, okay?" The blue-eyed boy mumbles with his entire face beet red.

A smile bloomed on your face, "Yeah! I promise!"

~~

17 years old

You fulfilled your promise. You really did go back to your hometown.

The image of the 10-year-old Haruka was starting to fade in your mind, you didn't remember his old address anymore.

You'll start to look for him somehow, if he's still here, while going to school. You heard Iwatobi just had a new swim club. Just the term 'swim' reminded you of a certain dolphin.

That day after your first week of school, you decided to go check out the pool. You already had your swimsuit underneath your sweater and sweat pants prepared.

"It looks new.... I hope the swim club wouldn't mind me trying it out." You say to yourself as you leaped into the pool. The water swimming in circle in your ear prevented you from hearing the members of the swim club approach.

"Stop! Haru-chan, it's too cold to swim right now!" Nagisa shouted while the blue-haired boy was already taking off his jacket while walking.

"Eh? I think someone's...." Gou looks out to the pool and so does everyone else as you emerge from the surface with your back faced to them. You brush your soaked (H/C) hair back and then floated up on your back. You loved doing that as it was really relaxing.

"I don't think I've seen her around before...." Makoto says as he peers at your peaceful face.

Several seconds later, you opened your eyes and gazed at the sky, and then got completely startled when you met four pairs of curious eyes on you.

"Ack!" You literally fell into the water, then made a semi-circle down and up to the edge of the pool where they were standing at. "I-I'm really sorry for coming here without permission...!"

"It's alright! Are you interested in joining the swim club?" Nagisa says enthusiastically as the two other boys and the girl proceed to introduce themselves while a certain blue-eyed boy stood behind them with his eyes wide.

Eventually, they eased your nerves and you climbed out of the pool, "Nice to meet you all! I just transferred to this town last week, I'm--"

"(Y/N)?" Haru, who hasn't made a sound this entire time, spoke from the back.

Although deeper, you recognize that voice. As you look up and the others make way, (E/C) hues meet bright blue ones.

"...Haru?" You looked at the him while the smallest smile tugged at his lips, as if satisfied after hearing you say his name. Your eyes couldn't help but trail down his unzipped jacket as he started walking towards you.

"Ehhh?! Haruka-senpai you two know each other?" Gou asks.

"This reunion...is beautiful!" Rei exclaims.

You almost didn't know what to think when Haru threw off his jacket and embraced you. You felt his biceps against your arms and blushed heavily as he started to lean on you.

It was when you started to fall back that you realized he's pushing you into the pool with him.

"Welcome back, (Y/N), I missed you." He whispers a second before you hit the water surface and holds onto you just a little tighter.

You quickly held your breath, but the surprise of the moment didn't give you all the time to properly inhale more oxygen, you're pretty sure you're going to feel light-headed in a few more seconds.

All those thoughts floated away as you see the gentle eyes that reflect the waves above you. You snuggle into his large hand on your cheek.

As your back touched the bottom tiles of the pool, you remembered you needed to breathe.

Just as you're about to somehow swim back up to the surface, he tugged on your arm. Without another word, he lowered his lips onto yours in a slow kiss.

You feel some oxygen fill your lungs as bubbles raised from your mouths. He's giving you some air CPR style underwater.

You slowly open your eyes while Haru brushed your flowing hair back and pecked you one more time before pulling back.

He mouthed, 'I love you.'

EXTRA

"You almost drowned me, Haru!"

"I could've given you more air." He says with a blank face.

He held you in his arms as he floated in the middle of the pool, you clung to his neck for dear life because you're still catching your breath.

Your head rested on his shoulder, you didn't realize your hot breath was breathing at the crook of his neck.

A tinge of pink raised on his cheeks.

-------------------------

April 30, 2016

Reach me outside of Wattpad:

Instagram - seika_akashi

Quotev – LilyWzy14

Kik – lilywzy14 (tell me ur from Wattpad)

QuizUp – Lily Z. Wzy