Kaneki x Reader ~{Key to My Heart}~

Title: Key to My Heart
Anime: Tokyo Ghoul
Character: Kaneki Ken
---------------------------

Slaughter.

He killed them all in a heartbeat.

Drops of blood splashed onto your face and clothing. Is this really your childhood friend, Kaneki Ken? Whom you haven't seen for over a month since some guys raided Anteiku and took him away?

You only wanted to enjoy the city night view on top of your apartment building, when five ghouls attacked you out of nowhere. They kicked you back by the stomach, you were caught by strong, muscular arms that belonged to a familiar white-haired boy.

You unblinkingly watch him as he sits on the edge of the rooftop, six beautiful glowing red kagune spreading out from his back.

"...Are you afraid of me, (Y/N)?" He asks as he puts a hand over his right eye, where the eyepatch of his mask lies.

You look into his dark kakugan, it watches you carefully. His white hair flows in the late night breeze.

After a few more seconds, you decided to ask him a question, "Who are you?"

He seems taken aback, but he answered truthfully, "...Kaneki, Kaneki Ken."

"Then I'll always be there for you. I'll never be afraid of you." You reply with a comforting and gentle smile on your face as you walk towards him.

"(Y/N)...." He gaped at you with wide eyes--eye--and his kagune glowed one last time before fading away into thin air. He closed his eyes, then took off his mask.

Tears filled your eyes when you realize he really hasn't changed at all, except for the isolated and somewhat sorrowful aura that surrounds him now instead of the bashful boy you've known for years.

When he opened his eyes again, a pair of light grey eyes looked back into your (E/C) ones.

You dropped to your knees in front of him and scanned his features while resting your arms on his legs, "Kaneki...you...what happened?"

He smiled at you with sad eyes, unlike the ones he used to give you with visible blushes on his face. You and Hide would always run around the campus causing some sort of trouble while Kaneki tried to stop you to no avail. Speaking of Hide, you haven't seen him in a while, too.

By the time Kaneki finished his entire story, you held him tightly as his head rested on your shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." You whispered, "For you to have to go through all that."

"I had a lot of time to think in those days," He begins, you give him your undivided attention, "And I realized, (Y/N), that I love you."

You feel heat rush up to your face. There are still small changes in him, after all, the old him couldn't have had the nerve to say that in such a calm tone.

"Everything that I was protecting, is you." He adds and lifts his head up. Before you could react, he closed the gap and landed a soft kiss on your lips.

"Ka-K-K-Kaneki!" You exclaimed, your first kiss not at all what you might've imagined...not that you've fantasied having your first kiss with Kaneki.

He chuckled at your reaction, "Oh, and Hide kinda told me you had a crush on me, that's why I acted fidgety around you the couple of months before I got turned into a ghoul."

The cute conversation quickly steered back onto the original subject, how was he able to say that so casually? Didn't that incident change his life forever?

He picked up his mask when you couldn't muster to say anything, "You've probably gotten over that little crush a long time ago... I'm sorry for forcing myself onto you."

You leapt forward and hugged him around his waist before he could do anything, making him drop his mask onto the ground again. 

"Don't make those assumptions...I never said I got over it." You explain, too embarrassed to look him in the eyes, "I've been looking for you ever since you began missing school. I-I-I really like you... Kaneki... for a while now, a-and I still do!"

He didn't respond and silence seemed to hang in the air for minutes as his arms simply dangled at his sides, "Why.... Why would you still want to have anything to do with a monster like me...?"

"You're not a monster, Ken." You say, slowly pulling yourself up and coming face-to-face with him.

Since average words seemed insincere, you decided to go with something creative to tell him how you feel. You rested your hand on his chest, and then to yours, "You are the Kanekey to my heart."

--------------------------

Yes, corny.

But a-MAIZE-ing!

#sorrynotsorrylol

Instagram - seika_akashi

July 16, 2016 (cuz it's 12:20am)