Rin x Reader ~{Where it all Started}~

Title: This is Where it all Started
Anime: Ao no Exorcist / Blue Exorcist
Character: Rin Okumura
-------------------------

Your annual school festival, where your class was forced to do a kissing booth because of how much conflict happened in your class due to the fact that no one can decide on what to do.

The boys all ran off laughing while the girls had to sit behind a pink stand all afternoon to evening.

This is where it began.

You avoided being 'customer service' at all costs and stayed at the back being on money duty. Or whatever at all to stay away from desperate boys' lips.

You managed to stay low until 7 p.m., then your shift will be over in thirty more minutes! You'll be able to get cotton candy... candy apples... chocolate strawberries... watch fireworks....

You were snapped out of your perfect daydream when your classmate shook your shoulders.

"Stop procrastinating, (Y/N)-san! All I ask for you is one kiss, a'ight? I gotta go pee!"

At that, she dashed off, leaving you alone at the stand.

"Crap...." You prayed silently that no one would notice you until (G/N) came back.

You distracted yourself with all your might to make time seem to go a little faster. For example, watching your wonderful principal hopping from stand to stand, getting everything to eat for free.

Thankfully, he didn't spare you a glance since your booth wasn't about food.

"(Y/N)!"

Your spine shuddered and an oh-no-I-have-been-caught feeling filled you. You look up ahead to see your over-enthusiastic classmate, Rin.

"I saw you back there and I was wondering what your class is doing?" He ran up to you in his abnormally fast speed and stopped in front of your stand, grinning ear-to-ear.

You pointed to the banner set on top of the stand. His blue eyes shined in curiosity at the giant red lip print on the banner.

"...Are you selling make up? Lipstick?"

"I'm glad you think that way, but no." You proceed to ruin his innocence and explain what your stand's responsibility is.

"...A-A dollar for a k-kiss?" He repeated with a light tint on his cheeks, he chuckled nervously, "well...uh... that's embarrassing..."

"Tell me about it." You groaned and combed your (H/C) hair in frustration.

"So... you...?"

You saw his face getting redder and quickly felt embarrassed yourself, you held up your hands, "No, no! I'm standing in for (G/N) right now, I-I haven't kissed anybody...!"

You missed the utterly relieved expression on Rin's face as you were too busy being flustered yourself.

He glanced around, spotting some boys at the other end of the line of stalls beginning to notice you and your booth. 

At the other end, (G/N) chatted with some friends at another booth, probably just coming back from the bathroom but decided to neglect duty for a few minutes.