Kaneki/Haise x Reader

Title: The Truth

Anime: Tokyo Ghoul
--------------------

You didn't dare to let out even the slightest breath as you hid inside the teacher's desk.

For some reason, a large group of ghouls had raided your school, you were the only one left in the classroom.

Tears blurred your eyes and won't stop falling down your cheeks. You hitched your rapid breath when you heard the door slide open.

No...no... No, no, no!

You chanted again and again in your head as the footsteps got closer, until you saw a pair of legs in front of you.

He started to kneel down to see you. You expected a blood-covered face of a terrifying black-eyed ghoul, but much to your surprise a soft eye made contact with yours.

The ghoul in front of you had hair white as snow and an eyepatch on his mask. His bright red kagune glowed.

You realized you stopped crying, and stared back into his enchanting eye.

"Oi Eyepatch! Is anyone still there?" Came a voice by the door.

Your heart thumped in alarm when you remembered you're going to die any second now.

"No. I checked all the classrooms, they're empty." The ghoul in front of you had a surprisingly mild and soothing voice as he stood back up straight, as if never seeing you, he slid close the door behind him as he left.

After waiting for a few seconds to make sure you're in the clear, you let out a big breath mixed with a few sobs.

You lost everything. You hated the ghouls with your life.

Except... Eyepatch.

Why did he cover for you? Why didn't he just kill you? Why did he risk letting you survive?

Those questions followed you all the way through the Academy.

Three years later, you graduated at the top of your class as a ghoul investigator in your early twenties.

It has been two months since you started working for the Commission of Counter Ghoul in District 1.

Your newest mission was the extermination of the Rosewald.

"You will encounter First Class Haise Sasaki." Your superior said, "he's...different. Just stay alert."

You didn't quite understand what your superior was warning you about, but you soon did.

"First Class Sasaki, get to the rooftop!"

You heard someone shout as you turn your gaze to a man with black and white hair as he took off his coat and ran to the windows.

Then, four familiar glowing red kagune spread out of his lower back and crashed through the window, agilely flipping his way to the rooftop.

That investigator... is a ghoul?!

Over your years, you have seen thousands of different types of kagune, but you only saw that beautiful shade of glowing red once.

Eyepatch.

A new found strong sense of determination to definitely survive this mission came over you. You're not very sure what his situation was, but you had questions to ask him.

As if the gods granted your wish, the mission ended with numerous casualties but you only had a minor injury in your arm.

Holding your open wound, you ignored the pain as much as you could while you ran out of the building. There he stood, at the side of the building as the rest of the CCG were wrapping up their work.

You swallowed. His hair had turned pitch black. Strange that you only got a glance of him three times, and his appearance these three times were always different.

"E-Eyepatch...?" You asked out in a barely audible voice.

He turned around sharply, "Rank 2 (L/N)? Do you n--"

Just then, he stopped, then he turned around fully to face you. "You."

You mustered up the courage and made sure that only he could hear you, "Do you, remember me? Three years ago, um you were..."

You saw his shoulders relax, though he didn't smile.

"Why didn't you kill me?" you ask as you look into his eyes.

He finally cracked a very small curl at the edge of his lips, "Before I was Eye patch, before I was even a real ghoul, I often saw you at the book store, or even at the tea shop beside it. I never approached you because of past issues, but I could tell you had a good personality."

His eyes seemed much colder than what you vaguely remembered as he spoke.

"You probably didn't realize that day, but you had a wound on your arm, right where you have one now." he softly lifted your bleeding arm, "ghouls' eyes show when they're wounded, so it proved completely that you were a human... I suppose it was somehow comforting to know."

You didn't understand where he's coming from at all. Has he been betrayed in the past?

"However," he looked at you dead in the eyes, "I wouldn't hesitate to kill you now if you stand in my way."

"No problem." You made up your mind and returned the look, "As long as you don't go killing innocent people, I owe you my life."

He let out a short, dry chuckle, "Well, I'll see you around, (Y/N)."

--------------------

Reach me outside of Wattpad:

Instagram - seika_akashi

Quotev – LilyWzy14

Kik – lilywzy14 (tell me ur from Wattpad)

QuizUp – Lily Z. Wzy