Yuichiro x Reader ~{I'll Protect You}~

Title: I'll Protect You
Anime: Owari no Seraph / Seraph of the End
Character: Hyakuya Yuichiro

-----------------

"What?" You asked irritably while you glared at Guren, who just stared back at you with a blank face.

"I'll say this again; I'm assigning you, (Y/N), as a new member in Shinoa Hiragi's team." He repeated. 

You uncrossed your legs and stood up, "I work better on my own."

"Too bad. The decision is final." He turned around and without another word, slammed the door into your face. You were kept in a specific special room because your demon was considered extremely unstable and might possess you any second. You couldn't even get out of the room without a key from the outside. They told you this was for everyone's protection, but it only felt like a prison room to you.

You uttered profanities under your breath while you sat down into the chair again, then crossed your arms and legs. Your supposed 'new team' should arrive and recruit you any minute now.

A little while later, you dragged your feet and trailed along behind the rest of your new team members while they marched ahead with cautious behaviors. You fidgeted around with your (F/W) in hand while you scanned those amateurs. 

"...Two vampires." You finally uttered out when you realized that none of them were gonna notice anytime soon.

"What? Where?" Mitsuba stopped in her tracks and glanced around.

"Are you sure? Why can't we sense them?" Kimizuki raised an eyebrow at you, clutching his weapons in hand.

You ignored their doubt and pointed your weapon in a certain direction. Knowing that they've been found, the two low-rank vampires jumped out from behind several cars and attempted to attack you.

"Watch--" Before Shinoa could even spin out her scythe, you wielded your own weapon and ended the vampires' supposedly immortal lives.

Green flames erupted from your weapon as the demon roared in bloodlust. Yoichi took a step back at the mere sight of the demon only you could control.

"That was... awesome!" Everybody, including you, was startled by a certain idiot's sudden outburst. Your eyes widened when the boy with sparkling green eyes full of fascination put his hands on your shoulders, "How'd you do that? You've gotta teach me!"

You were dumbstruck as he rambled on something about killing all the vampires. Nobody ever bothered to interact with you after you obtained your powerful and unstable demon. They were all afraid you'd go savage suddenly and kill them all. This boy was the first one to approach, not to mention talk to you more than absolutely necessary.

"Y-Yuu-san...." Yoichi and Shinoa stuttered nervously when they thought you would get irritated.

"Pfft...." A small smile cracked onto your face, "You're a total idiot. I guess I like that."

~~

You often trained with Yuu, mostly because he wouldn't leave you alone until you agreed. You came to like this idiotic hard-working boy, but of course, it'd be inappropriate to talk about relationships at this time of his life. He was occupied enough by his quest for vengeance. 

Your eyes were half-lidded and you wielded your weapon left and right with only one hand while he tried to penetrate your defense. Might I add, to no avail. 

"Thanks for training with me, (Y/N)." He said between panting breaths as he wiped his forehead, "I must get stronger...."

He raised his sword, probably to land the last strike before concluding today's training session. Your eyes widened when you saw the demon's wrath seeping from his weapon. You had secure both hands on your weapon to stop his last strike. 

"Not bad at all." You commented with a small smile. You glanced up at him when he didn't respond, "Yuu-san?"

"Oh! Uh, it's nothing." He sheathed his sword while grinning at you, "It's the first time you've complimented me during training!"

Your heart skipped a beat. Gosh, he's just too cute. You whipped right around and headed down so he wouldn't see your reddened face.

"Wait for me!" he called out from behind and caught up, "Let's go get some lunch, yeah?"

"...Yeah." You murmured with a small smile. 

In the middle of the night, you screamed yourself awake. Your demon was making its advances again, it kept whispering sweet nothings into your mind and trying to make you cave so it can possess you. 

One of the reasons why your room was sound-proof.

'All of them are fake, they stopped talking to you after you got me, didn't they?'
'Don't you want them gone?'
'I'm the only one who can make your wishes come true, (Y/N)....'

"Shut up!" You yelled out loud.

"(Y/N)!" His voice distracted you from your waking nightmare. You stopped thrashing about your messy bed sheets and untangled your fingers from your hair.

Yuu banged on the door, then kicked the lock off and the door flew open. You sat up and tried to pretend you were just having a nightmare like anyone could have.

"...What--" You couldn't even get a single sentence out of your mouth before he embraced you. 

"Your demon activity was so strong I could sense it from down the hall." He explained, "Don't listen to anything it says!"

You scoffed, even Guren could say words like that to you if he moved his mouth. "It's true, isn't it?"

He pulled back and looked you in the eyes, they weren't as fierce as they were during training.

"My old comrades kicked me out of their team because they were too afraid I'd lose control of this powerful demon; I'm kept in this prison cell of a room; no one even tries to speak to me more than absolutely necessary. Isn't that sad?" 

"That is so not true!" His grip on your shoulders tightened, "Okay, it may have been before, but I'm talking to you right now! Is this necessary? Does it have anything to do with me? I'm here because I want to be here!"

His eyes softened and his shoulders relaxed as he continued, "All those people saw is the power you wield when you fight, but none of them ever bothered to get to know what you're going through in order to obtain that power. The thing about being strong is... no one ever asks if you're okay."

Your breath hitched in your throat when he brought your head to his collar protectively. 

"...Are you okay, (Y/N)?"

Slowly, you shook your head. The tears that have been held in for too long finally pour out.

"Someday, when we're all out of this hellhole, I want to stay with you." He says and closed his eyes, "until then... I'll protect you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Birthday Yuu-chan~!

October 16, 2016

Thanks for reading :3

-Lily

Instagram - seika_akashi