Chapter 44

"Its time. Everyone stay away and let Serana and I handle this."

Morgans words were calm and controlled, but the mages all separated away from the three figures that remained by Odahviing as though she were about to tear them apart. Morgan and Serana had been watching Brelyna as she had succumbed into a coma-like state during the night while the others had been keeping an eye out on Onmund, who was now fully awake and sported a mass of bandages around his head.

Savos Aren motioned to his fellows.

"You heard her. Come and stand over near the trees. Quickly now."

Onmund walked with the others but kept his gaze on Brelyna, who was seemingly sleeping. But her ribs never moved, nor did a single muscle twitch.

"Onmund. Come on!" Faralda muttered as she dragged him away at a slightly quicker pace than he had been walking.

Morgan nodded to him. She understood what he was thinking. But if he went near Brelyna when the transformation was complete...he would end up being her first meal. She still remembered the bandit she had drained when she had turned. He was nothing but a shrivelled corpse by the time she had finished.

Mercifully, the storm had died down and for once, the skies of Skyrim were clear, the harsh suns bearing down on them above. Morgan snarled as she adjusted the cowl over her head and exchanged a look with Serana, who was clearly trying not to smile at her discomfort.

"Its your fault," Morgan muttered playfully.

"You still love me for it."

"Good thing too."

The two vampires grinned before snapping their heads down as they heard a gasp.

"Hey there," Serana said as she met Brelynas orange eyes.

"She won't change, I know her."

Faralda sent Onmund a sympathetic smile as she patted his shoulder and leant against a tree, keeping eye contact with him.

"Onmund, she is a very determined person. We all know this. But if Morgan was correct...and I believe she was, Brelyna will become a vampire."

"NO! She won't! She CAN'T!"

"Aren't you listening you dumb Nord? J'Zargo is sorry for what has happened, but J'Zargo also knows that vampirism cannot be cured if its too late!" J'Zargo snapped, his tail swishing in anger.

And that caused Onmund anger to surface.

"I have HAD it with you, you jumped up furry little..."

"ENOUGH!"

Faralda eyes were burning with anger as she separated the two students with a well aimed Ward spell, forcing them apart. She strode over to them and jabbed her fingers at each of them.

"Any more of that and I will personally flay the pair of you with some Shock spells. Am I clear?"

Savos never said a word in this as he was currently watching Morgan and Serana holding the hands of a wakened Brelyna. Even from the distance that separated them, he could tell that Brelyna was talking at a fast pace, the vampires listening to her every word...

"I'm...a vampire now? I don't feel different. I just feel...thirsty."

"That's how it starts," Serana said as she held Brelynas hand and gently helped her to her feet.

Brelyna laughed as Morgan held her hand as well, not believing them.

"I feel fine! You mustn't have taken all my blood otherwise I would have felt it!" Brelyna insisted.