Chapter 3

Morgan awoke the next morning and looked around to see that there were soldiers still in full armour sitting at the tables and drinking mead.

No vampire attacks then.

She had been worrying that the vampires would attack during the night but she had to smile at that thought. There was an ever increasing number of soldiers appearing at the fort. It seemed that Isran had been very busy recruiting and taking on as many outsiders as he possibly could. They would need more though she mused, remembering the sheer speed and strength that the female vampire had used.

Morgan climbed out of her bed after shrugging off the cover that had been thrown over her and she smiled wider now. Someone had been very thoughtful. And after a few seconds, she spotted a blushing young man in a corner, not talking and clutching a bottle of mead with tight hands. She walked over, aware that many of the soldiers were now watching her, and kneeled down to gently clasp the young mans hands and gave him a light kiss to the cheek.

"Thank you" she said softly before standing up and walking away without another word. And when she heard the soldiers all start firing questions at the young man, her smile became a full blown grin. She then spotted Isran talking to two more people. One was a large Nord with long brown hair. His voice was deep and yet retained a lot of caution and wisdom within. The other looked like a Breton or Imperial. She had brown hair as well and by the way she made the other two laugh, she could tell that this woman would also be very important to everyone within the fort.

"Ah, Morgan. You're awake"

Morgan smiled as she walked over to Isran.

"I am...or maybe I am dreaming, seeing as you actually laughed just then?"

The other three chuckled at that as Isran motioned to the two others.

"This is Gunmar. He is in charge of training the soldiers and...a few others"

Morgan clasped the mans hand briefly in a hard shake and he smiled at her briefly.

"Nice to meet you Dragonborn"

"Please, Morgan" Morgan insisted with a smile before turning to the woman.

"This is Sorine Jurard" Isran said, "She is in charge of the crossbow maintenance and weapons"

Morgan gave the other woman a smile as she felt her magic through her skin, identifying her as a Breton like her.

"Nice to meet you"

"Likewise" Morgan replied as she turned to Isran. "I am going back home now Isran. I need to make sure my husband is alright"

"I understand" Isran said, clasping her hands briefly before motioning to ten Dawnguard soldiers in full armour, who were standing nearby. "These soldiers will accompany you if that is agreeable. They are taking an urgent message to the Jarl and hopefully they will be allowed to remain there"

Morgan understood the hidden message there. He was worried for her. She gave him a soft smile in thanks before nodding to the other two people before walking towards the exit, the soldiers all talking softly to each other behind her. Most of them were whispering about how many dragons she had killed but she did also hear a few mutterings about how her hips swayed in her armour.

She had to grin at that.

It took a few days but they had arrived at Whiterun without suffering any losses. They had had to contend with a few bandit attacks and even an enraged giant (which they had backed away from....Morgan knew just how destructive they could be). She smiled at the sun which shone over the high walls. She loved the sight whenever she came here. It had been the same a year ago when she had first came into the area...where her life had suddenly started taken a turn she hadn't expected.

Fire And Fangs On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara