Chapter 11

Two days passed at High Hrothgar. Morgan and Serana had been staying close to each other since Morgan had given Marcus the send off he had deserved. Morgan had been very quiet since she had fallen to her knees and roared at the sky in what sounded like a dragons roar. Everyone who had attended the funeral could still feel the shivers as Morgan and her dragon blood suddenly unleashed its full potential. It had rained on the tallest mountain in Skyrim for the last two days because of Morgans thu'um changing the weather.

Master Arngeir had said that it was going to end soon enough and there was no need for Lydia and Serana in particular to worry about the random weather. He had said that it would sort itself out. The two dragons stayed silent and would only call Morgan if they thought she would be in mortal danger. Lydia had stayed with the two vampires and watched over them as they slept. It was like she was a Thane again and she knew that this was what she wanted to be. Someone to look out for her best friend.

And then, after Morgan and Serana had drunk a bottle of blood (courtesy of the bandits who seemed to have no idea they were easy prey) and were sharpening and cleaning the weapons, Arngeir had come through the door with what could only be described as a bemused expression. Morgan raised her eyebrow at that. She had never seen the Greybeards displaying many emotions, let alone one that Arngeir was giving her and Serana at that moment.

"Dragonborn. Lady Serana. It seems you have visitors"

Morgan exchanged a look with Serana, who shrugged. They hadn't asked anyone or told anyone they were here. So they stood up and followed Arngeir to the central chamber where Morgan had so long ago (it felt like that to her anyway) used her Unrelenting Force Shout to display her title of Dragonborn to the Greybeards.

They spotted Lydia standing there, her ebony great sword on her back and glowing a light blue colour...a strong frost enchantment resided in the blade. Then Morgan noticed the two 'visitors'. One was a Redguard and powerfully built. He was middle aged and he carried a curved sword that was almost as long as his arm. The other was a Dunmer and quite young, she wore a black and red robe with black trousers...and two daedric daggers could be seen hanging on each of her upper thighs.

Serana raised an eyebrow as she saw the Black Hand on the robes of both of the two people and looked at Morgan.

"They are the Dark Brotherhood. Its been a long time since I saw that symbol but its not something that anyone can forget" she said softly.

Morgan nodded. She wasn't afraid at all. She had Lydia, Serana and all the Greybeards standing at various points in the room. The assassins didn't have any advantages here. Then she heard two gasps and she knew that the two of them had seen Seranas and possibly her orange tinted eyes.

"She's the Dragonborn? But...she's a vampire" the Dunmer muttered, looking at Arngeir as though he had lied to them.

"Indeed. Maybe you would like her to demonstrate?" Arngeir said politely.

"I would like to see a Shout...if she can" the Redguard said, his smirk showing slightly.

Morgan smiled sweetly and allowed her thu'um to grow inside her. It didn't take an effort now to do this, thanks to the teachings of the Greybeards and the two dragons.

"FUS!"

The Redguard and Dunmer were staggered, which was what Morgan wanted. It was enough to show she was the Dragonborn, but wasn't enough to show that she didn't want any harm to come to them...unless they did something stupid. It was the woman who spoke first.

"You are the Dragonborn...but...how? I mean being a vampire? Surely someone would have noticed what you were since you started...you know"

Morgan smiled. She was clearly confused and was extra polite now that she knew who she was. She held Seranas hand before replying, an action that the two assassins noticed.