Chapter 12

Morgan followed Astrid as she led them into what looked like the dining hall. And it seemed everyone who lived in this hideout was there, she mused. She could instantly smell the werewolf, and by the way he raised an eyebrow, she knew that he was rather shocked that she was a vampire.

"Another vampire? Sorry, two more vampires?" an old man said with a dark chuckle.

Morgan smiled sweetly at him, exposing her razor sharp fangs.

"I would have thought you would be pleased to meet someone who can call a storm whenever she wants to" Morgan replied.

Festus almost laughed at that response but held himself in check...it wouldn't do to show how easy the vampire had managed to gain his respect in even the slightest way...it had taken Babette thirty years of knowing him before he had told her how much he respected her. And speaking of which...

"The Dragonborn is a vampire? Astrid, why didn't you tell me?"

Morgan and Serana looked at the little girl as she walked in, giving Astrid a wide smile that showed her fangs as well.

"I thought it would make a nice surprise Babette" Astrid replied with a grin.

Babette chuckled as she came closer and hugged Morgans legs while looking up at her.

"How does it feel to be gifted?"

Morgan found she liked this little vampire girl immediately.

"I'm still getting used to it" she admitted.

"Hello Morgan"

Morgan then spotted Elisif sitting at the table with a goblet of wine in her hand. She looked tired and worried. She picked up Babette (who let out a squeak of disapproval and making a few of the Dark Brotherhood members snigger) and walked over to sit beside Elisif, placing Babette on her lap.

"Elisif. Its nice to see you well"

"And you. I must admit Morgan, when I found out what had happened, I was scared of what you might do. But it seems that everyone underestimates you. I apologise"

Morgan smiled at her.

"Elisif, please stop feeling so guilty. I was scared too but thanks to Serana here and a few others, I can still do what I used to do. Its just that walking around in sunlight is rather annoying now"

"You mean you set alight...sorry Babette" Arnbjorn said, grinning at the vampire girl.

Morgan exchanged a smirk with Serana, while Babette raised her eyebrow at why they were finding such a thing amusing.

"Show them my darling" Morgan asked her.

There was gasps as Serana shifted into her Vampire Lord form. Babette was the only one who was grinning at the sight before her.

"You're a Volkihar aren't you?" she said softly. She knew about them but this was the first time she had ever seen one.

Morgan smiled.

"She is...and so am I. We can walk around in daylight as long as we have fed a short time before. I haven't been shown how to change like that yet though"

"She's beautiful" Babette said.

Morgan smiled as Serana changed back.

"Yes. Yes she is"

The next few hours, they all sat in the dining room while Elisif explained what had happened just before her exile. And when the Thalmor were mentioned, Morgan swore loudly...and Nazir cracked off a joke like he always seemed to when the opportunity came.